“Amazing museum”

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$25,00*
and up
The Museum of Modern Art Admission with...
Ranked #18 of 1 192 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, The Museum of Modern Art is home to the world's greatest collection of modern and contemporary art. The collection includes Vincent van Gogh's "The Starry Night" and Andy Warhol's "Gold Marilyn Monroe," along with works by Jackson Pollock, Jasper Johns, Cindy Sherman, Elizabeth Murray, and many other great artists of our time. MoMA's collection also showcases photography, film, architecture, design, media, and performance art. Visitors can also enjoy shopping and fine and casual dining options.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 April 2018

You can see a very large amount of finds of the entire world of history from prehistory until 200 year ago.

Write a ReviewReviews (15 787)
All reviews
"rainy day"
in 98 reviews

376 - 380 of 15 795 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We saved our visit to MOMA for a day of forecast rain ( and apparently lots of others did the same, as the crowd was quite large.). This is the best museum I’ve been to for getting up close and personal with art that means something to me: Van Gogh, Picasso, Monet, Pollack, Warhol - I’ll take their offerings any day over a day of wandering in some of the more standard galleries. The gift shop itself is worth a visit, but for me the biggest thrill was getting to stare at the lines of Starry Nights. If you can only see one art gallery in New York, this is the one to see.

1  Thank SunriseBayVB
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Free entry on Friday afternoons! Very busy when it is free to the point that you can’t see/appreciated very much

1  Thank GCHensley
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have visited MoMA many times over the past decades and the art never ceases to amaze me! It is always well presented and even when I don't understand it, there are aids to help me comprehend what the artist was trying to accomplish. My only complaint is that the maps one can pick up at the entrance tell you nothing about what is on each floor. Fortunately, there are desks on every floor with knowledgable docents. The cafeteria was also lovely, open and airy. And never miss the sculpture garden! Even in a snow storm, it was lovely!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We happened to be in NYC for a college visit for our artsy daughter and I found out about the UNIQLO free Friday nights. We had gone to the Louvre a few years ago and thought a lot of rooms looked the same, so we really enjoyed the variety here. We had no idea Starry Night was here so that was a huge bonus! The Monet room was so beautiful and we enjoyed finding other artists we knew and didn't. Wish there was more Dali, but fun to see the one we did! Our daughter specifically was looking for an artist (Keith Haring) and we asked and his stuff was in the basement area. Very cool stuff down there too! Especially the neon room! So glad we went there! Definitely recommend!