“Second trip here ”

Ranked #16 of 1 196 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States and is a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886, designated as a National Monument in 1924 and restored for her centennial on July 4, 1986.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second time visiting Liberty and Elis Islands. My visit was part of a museum package. On my last visit, I was able to go up to the pedestal but this time, I remained on the grounds. It was pretty much a quick visit. I walked round the grounds whilst listening to the audio guide. Took some pictures then got some souvenirs. Think I spent about one hour doing that. It’s always a great monument to visit, marvel and learn about. Also looks like there’ll be a museum and additional attractions come 2019. Mind you, the queues for the flexible tickets are super looong. Spent an hour queuing for the ferry. Might be a better idea to get reserved tickets.

Write a ReviewReviews (36 885)
All reviews
in 3 172 reviews

259 - 263 of 36 914 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I are traveling in a 40 foot catamaran, sailed from Morocco to the Canary islands to Cape Verde across the Atlantic to Barbados and then up through the Carribean. We've seen magnificent places but sailing right up near Lady Liberty is the most moving and beautiful sight yet seen. Can only imagine my Irish ancestors sailing in to Ellis Island ... If nothing else, the Statue of Liberty is a must see!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to view this, temp was high (no water with us) stupid waiting in the que for 1.5 hrs.
Security is again tight but its all over NYC
Then you get on the ferry (packed) but the virw from the rivrt is good. Get onto the ladies island and wow she looks good.
Then onto ellis island sad but underdtandable
Get your tickets inside castle - early then join the line (dont forget your water)
I know you will enjoy the adventure

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to see the Statue of Liberty about 35 years ago and things have changed. Crowds were very heavy and there is a lot of construction right now. Part of it is due to damage from hurricane Sandy and other is planned expansions. Be prepared for a LOT of people. There is a cafe there to get a bite to eat. The pizza is good. But mostly it is of course about the Statue and even though we’ve seen it before it is still an awesome sight and one that shouldn’t be missed if you are in the area.

1  Thank Ruth1923