Reviews (1 207)
1 207 results
1 003
1 003
All reviews manhattan bridge rooftop bar jonathan adler gold restaurant new york lower east side canal st a city view room east village amazing hotel the empire state building complimentary breakfast floor to ceiling windows perfect stay the financial district location is great would highly recommend this hotel
58 - 63 of 1 207 reviews
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Everything about this hotel is great -- excellent location for exploring all of lower Manhattan, with fabulous dining options of all sorts within walking distance; clean, modern, well-equipped and spacious (for NYC) rooms; very nice bathrooms; awesome views from the rooms and rooftop lounge. But (as others have noted) what really sets 50 Bowery apart is the staff -- every single person we dealt with, from the time we phoned in to make a reservation until the doorman took out our bags when we left after our four-day stay -- was absolutely, sincerely warm, gracious and helpful. It was our anniversary, and I was also in town for a professional award, so not only did we find wine in our room when we checked in, but Maria at the front desk created a personalized certificate for me and presented me with a little trophy! We've travelled a lot and stayed at many lovely hotels (some of them also in NYC), but honestly can say that we've never encountered a nicer staff. Absolutely recommend 50 Bowery!

Room tip: Rooms facing north have great views of the skyline, including the Empire State and Chrysler Building.
1  Thank Journey618922
Paul_Kim50, Manager at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hi Journey618922, thank you for staying with us and letting us take part in your anniversary and for receiving such a wonderful award! Congrats! I'm thrilled Maria was able to surprise and make your stay just a little more memorable. We'd love to see you again, please join us whenever you're in NYC. Thank you for such kind words, "Thank You!" from all of us here at 50 Bowery!

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We stayed at Hotel 50 Bowery for three nights in November 2017, it was only 6 months old! We booked Hotel 50 because it was new and the location. We wanted somewhere different to the usual Time Square.

We were not disappointed. Located right at the entrance to Manhattan Bridge and a short walk to Brooklyn Bridge, it is ideally placed to explore lower Manhattan. It's in Chinatown and just around the corner from Little Italy. We loved walking around this buzzing area. 4 blocks and you are at Canal Street Subway with trains direct to the ferry terminal in the south and Times Square and Central Park to the north.

The staff were excellent, we were celebrating our 10 wedding anniversary and were greeted in our room with a bottle of bubbles and a note from the manager. The hotel is modern and industrial in style with concrete walls and modern art and graffiti in the bar and restaurant areas.

The hotel and room were all very clean, the bedding lovely and soft! We had a room at the front that overlooked Manhattan Bridge and gorgeous sunrise. There is a rooftop bar with great views of Lower Manhattan. We ate in Rice and Gold on one occasion, the Asian American restaurant on the ground floor with a great graffiti wall and the food was good.

Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in New York and who don't want to be in Times Square, the only reason we might not stay here is because we already have and we like to experience different hotels, but hopefully the next hotel we stay in New York is as good otherwise we'll feel we've missed out!

Room tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel enjoy sunrise over Brooklyn!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul_Kim50, Manager at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Hi Thommo, thanks for staying with us and for leaving us a review! We hope you come back this year or next!
You always have a place to stay when you're in NYC, we'll see you next time! See you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about Hotel 50 Bowery during my 5 night stay. The hotel has a very trendy vibe with modern decor and reasonably spacious and clean rooms. A great rooftop bar with the most amazing views of the city. I was also very impressed with the views from my room, to wake up every morning and watch the sunrise over New York was an experience I'll never forget. The hotel is located close to China Town and Little Italy and opposite is the Manhattan Bridge. Easy to grab the subway to places. Lots of restaurants close by and Soho district is only a short walk away so you don't have to travel far for good shopping and great restaurants. Or if you fancy a night in, the hotel restaurant is a great choice. Would t hesitate to stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Ni Hao Kathryn E! Thank you for your glowing review, we're thrilled to hear about your stay! You're right there's so much to do and EAT down here! Next time speak to Adam our Concierge, he know's all the fun and yummy things to do around here! Until next time, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

I have stayed at Hotel 50 Bowery twice this year and have had important Business Meetings at the Hotel on both occasions. The rooms are large enough with very comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. It is located in Chinatown with Little Italy only a couple of blocks away! One of the main reasons I am writing this review is to give my compliments to the Staff, and I mean all the Staff, everyone who works there is professional and courteous. I would like to thank the Concierge, Zina Gibbs, who was outstanding,she was so helpful and friendly!!! Looking forward to my next stay there!
Paul H.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Greetings Paul & Rita! We're thrilled to be your new favorite hotel in NYC! Thank you staying with us, we hope to see you both again soon. You're always welcome here, next time stop by Concierge and Zina will let you know all the fun things to do in lower Manhattan. Lots of yummy foods and things to see, come back soon!

Until next time!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

This is a fairly new hotel and the rooms reflect this - exposed concrete ceilings and the rooms feel fresh, without the usual wear and tear, and nicely styled. We really liked the room we finally wound up in - not big, but big enough with a nice sized bathroom. However, initially we were booked into a suite, which was on the 3rd (?) floor and facing the front - and that is a noisy, busy street (yes, a lot of NYC streets are, but this was pretty bad) and with lots of big windows it felt like you were right there with the traffic. Although not a bad location (right off China town, and maybe 5 min walk to subway), it did feel on the edge of the city and not very "neighborhoody".

All the people we came into contact with were friendly and helpful - indeed they had no problem switching our room and - thank you very much - crediting us for the cheaper room.

We likely won't try this hotel again, primarily because of the risk of getting a room facing the front of the hotel (those facing the other direction are quiet), and even if you ask for a certain room, you just never know what you'll actually get. They also seem to have a fairly busy rooftop bar from time to other and we had to bustle our way past crowds one night just to get to the elevator. Also, and I won't ding the hotel for this, but we like it when there is some kind of area to lounge in when waiting for someone, or just to hang out and relax and they don't have that.

Room tip: Rooms facing main street can get very noisy.
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank jannep123
Vaughn D, Director of Rooms at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Ni Hao Jannep123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experiences you have outlined during your stay with us. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Rest assured that we have followed up with our team and implemented corrective measures.

We hope that you will give us another chance at regaining your trust. Should you consider returning, please reach out to me directly so that I may oversee your reservation. You may contact me directly via email at vdavis@jdvhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Xièxiè!