“Food was great!”
Review of Sorrento

Sorrento
Ranked #101 of 5 193 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were told we could be sitting late due to being very crowded. We were sitting immediately. The quinoa salad was excellent. My wife had lobster ravioli and I had veal ravioli. Both were very good. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

What a delightful find! The matre’d of another restaurant suggested we try Sorrento and what a great suggestion that was. The pasta was unbelievable! The best dish was the ravioli. Try the artichoke appetizer. Another delightful addition was bread served with pesto. My oldest son loves pesto. “Why doesn’t every Italian restaurant offer pesto with the bread?” My daughter’s salad was too lemony. On a beautiful SD day, we settled for an inside table, but with the doors and windows open, it felt like we had an outside table. Service was very fast and attentive.

Order pasta!

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We are in town for a wedding and used Trip Advisor to find an Italian restaurant in Little Italy in San Diego! We hit the jackpot our food was amazing. Our waiter okay I will probably spell this wrong but Alejandro was fabulous!! The white pizza was extraordinary! My husband had a gorgeous calzone with ham and salami. Our other friends has a variety of dishes and were raving. I enjoy Lambrusco with dinner and it was one of the best I have had in a long time but the icing on the cake was the amazing cannoli. That’s dessert alone got a 5 star!! Definitely a place to get authentic Italian restaurant for a reasonable price and amazing service!!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We had a fabulous dinner here on our first night in San Diego. The service was excellent and friendly and the food was wonderful. My husband and I shared a salad and split an entrée and the staff were very accommodating. This was our best meal while we were on vacation. We liked it so much we considered going back a second night. I wish we had!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

A group of us decided to see a matinee and have a belated birthday dinner for my wife as it was the first time we could all to get together
We all ordered different dishes but I can only tell you about the pizza of the day and the ciopino seafood stew my wife and I had
The stew was probably the best I have eaten in San Diego it was prepared in a delicious tomato sauce with lots of fresh seafood
The pizza however was meant to have Anaheim chili and the very attentive waiter warned us that is spicy ,however it never saw an Anaheim chili but came with green peppers which I can eat
I removed them but was disappointed
The rest of our friends liked their meals and they even brought my wife a very large piece of tiramisu to celebrate her BD
We will come back again