All reviews sports court business park queen studio front desk microwave popcorn table tennis evening snacks business trip ping pong full size refrigerator business area home away from home marriott hotels extra space platinum member breakfast bar great place to stay
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The staff were very helpful John in the early morning and Wanda always went out of her way to provide an excellent breakfast service.
Good value for money and a convenient location for business

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 2016seb
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I have nothing negative to say about our stay at The Residence Inn Marriott. First of all our flight arrived before 9am and checkin was at 4pm and we were able to check in before 11am and for that I was very appreciative. The rooms accomadated the 5 of us perfectly. The staff was always smiling courteous and helpful with our needs. Travelling with a 3 and 5 year old we appreciated the extra space in our suite. The hot breakfast was great with vegetarian options. Wanda was always smiling and kept everything clean and made sure the food was hot and plentiful. Thank you Wanda for your service and the plate of cookies you sent to our room for the kiddos. I would reccomend without hesitation The Residence Inn Marriott to everyone and would stay here when we come back to San Diego. Thank you for making our stay wonderful felt like home.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LaMarion M
TracyC3324, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear LaMarion M,

Thank for your kind words and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that Wanda took such great care of you and your family during your stay. She is a rock star, and I will be sure to share your kind words with her and the rest of the team! Our spacious sweets are great for families and whether you are staying short term or long term they suit the needs of both.

Thank you again for providing feedback on your stay and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

The hotel has a location off of the hectic highway. There was a nice path to run for those who are runners. The outdoor patio made fr a very pleasant breakfast experience. Wanda, the woman who manged the breakfast area, was really nice.

1  Thank rconnellsr
TracyC3324, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear rconnellsr,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay and for your kind words. Being located close to by away from the highways make for a quiet relaxing stay and I am glad to hear this is what you experienced. I will be sure to share your kind words with Wanda and the rest of our hotel team!

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to host you on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I have been staying at the Residence Inn for a long business trip. I wanted to thank some of the staff that have gone the extra mile, Wanda and Jawad, they are both in the breakfast area, when my fiancé visited Wanda put breakfast aside for him, when he couldn't get to the breakfast bar before it was closing. Jawad is always there, morning and evening, always with a smile and a kind word to each guest. Employees like these made a long visit feel more like home.

1  Thank TXGCH
TracyC3324, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear TXGCH,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. Wanda and Jawad are assets to our food and beverage team and the hotel overall! I will be sure to share your kind words with them as I know first hand that making your stay comfortable and enjoyable is their first mission.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I stayed in San Diego for almost a month on a business trip, and had a great experience here. The staff was friendly, welcoming, and super helpful. Wanda, in particular, went out of her way and made me feel so comfortable during my stay. Monday through Wednesday they have some food, and free beer and wine at night in addition to their daily free breakfast.

The room itself was clean and well appointed. It did not have an oven, which would be my only complaint (pretty minor on the whole). They charge for parking, but there is available street parking near the hotel if you prefer.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Travelingengineer18

Dear Travelingengineer18,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with the team during our meeting and let Wanda know that she was a contributing factor to your great stay! A month is a long time to be in a hotel, so I am glad to hear that our rooms were comfortable. Also I wanted to share that we have ovens! We only have a limited number of rooms with ovens but I hope to be able to host you again and get you situated with an oven in your suite.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and I hope I have the opportunity to host you again!