6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$212
Expedia.comUS$212
CourtyardUS$212
Hotels.comUS$212
FindHotelUS$212
Trip.comUS$212
Reviews (1 174)
1 174 results
All reviews bank building gaslamp quarter valet parking beautiful hotel conference room walking distance valet service homeless people front desk staff convention center corner room i highly recommend this hotel per day vault lobby bellman zoo
Selected filters
3 - 8 of 1 174 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Decided to stay here due to the convenient location and great reviews. I just checked in to nice staff, but the room is terrible. I’m in a 1 bedroom king suite on the 8th floor and so many things are off that I had to write a review. Here’s what’s wrong with the room so far:

- stepped into a room that smelled of strong BO. Called to try and change rooms, but they only had three other similar rooms. Problem was my son was a little scared of the other rooms as the hallways are a bit dark so we decided to stay put.
- phone wasn’t connected so we had to get behind the table to get the cord to plug in phone
- TV wasn’t plugged in so had to get behind the dresser to plug
- once we plugged the tv in, it was just static so had to call maintenance
- shower drains are clogged so our showers were like a foot bath.
- opened up fold out sofa bed and the sheets from a prior occupant was still there...... I just took them off and placed it outside the room.

I’m stunned that so many items fell through the cracks. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.....

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank D7449GTmichaell
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Covid tip: If you want to work out, make sure you schedule your time AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE. Only 1 person can use the fitness center at a time and you can only book 1 day in advance. The view sadly was not great. Staff friendly and helpful.

You're right next to a 7 Eleven and the Gaslamp district which is great!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikex2017
Reviewed 16 December 2020

It was a bit hard to find the hotel at first but in the end, I did find it.
What will help if you are driving yourself have your navigation end at the House of Blue San Deigo (since it is on the side of the building where the valet is.

The lobby is beautiful, especially with the restored interior. The person who checked me in was very helpful and got me checked in very quickly. The elevator bank was really cool.

My room was fantastic, as was the view. The bed was very big and comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed.
The view was spectacular and unparalleled; both during the day and at night. with spectacular views of the Gaslamp, Petco Stadium, the convention center, and the waterfront area.
You have to schedule a time for the staff to "refresh" the room so they can not be in there with you.
The downside was that the “blackout” curtains didn’t really work that well.

The area itself was perfect, and with many things within 30 minutes of walking. There was plenty of choices for food in a 15-minute walk.
The is also a CVS and a 7-Eleven within 2 blocks of the hotel.

The fitness center is by the "Safty Depot box room" and the machines are well kept. Additionally, they have a rule in place to only let one person in (to workout) at a time, for an hour at a time (with space in between so the hotel staff can clean/disinfect).

I highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 14 November 2020

I stayed here recently, Monica helped us. Her customer service is 5 star! Great asset to the company. The room was very nice, spacious, and clean. We enjoyed our time here. We will stay again soon. Thank you for the great service Monica !

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank elizabethaL7019AU
Reviewed 21 October 2020 via mobile

This location is perfect - walking distance to everything you might want downtown. I stayed in the hotel on the 15th floor in a harbor view room. Great checking experience with friendly service and very clean rooms and public areas.

Date of stay: October 2020