All reviews balboa park room was clean convention center gaslamp quarters yogurt gaslight district within walking distance nice stay balcony freeway checkin channels sd
Reviewed 4 January 2019

the room was gross. Smelled, walls were peeling, floors were all stained, bed was awful, absolutely no sort of view, bad water pressure. Total waste of money and a complete disappointment for our NYE.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odyssey66732956098
JoseAyala619, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Hello, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit this review. I'm sorry you didn't find our hotel to be a solid value. We do apologiezed for the incoveniences. Thanks again. I appreciated your business.

Reviewed 31 December 2018

Not a well taken care of property. You get what you pay for. Broken showerhead, dirty carpet, and bad television service. Will pay the price next time were in San Diego. Best value was the daily parking rate.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello
Our entire team would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your feedback is important to us to implement improvements to ensure a better experience for our future guests.

Reviewed 24 December 2018

Mattress needs to be changed . Front desk agent was very good and fast during check in. Located near trolley and restaurants. Busy intersection but close to freeway. Overall its not bad and I would recommend it if you are on a budget.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RickAme
JoseAyala619, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2018

Hello RickAme
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. We are very glad to hear our front desk staff left a good impression with you. We will look into the mattress issue you mentioned above so if you ever come back to see us you'll get an even better nights rest.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

The photographs of this hotel make it look like a decent place... wrong! The furniture in the room is beyond cheap and ugly. There is absolutely not sound barrier, we can hear everything from our neighbours and everyone who passes our room in the hallway.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy F

Hello Nancy
We are all saddened to hear that your stay with us was anything less then perfect. We will look into all issues you mentioned and take appropriate actions to prevent them from occurring to our future guest. Once again we are very sorry we didn't exceed your standards.

Reviewed 8 December 2018

am currently a Hyatt Globalist, Hilton and Marriott Silver and the service I received from the front desk was extremely poor. I switched to this hotel from the Hyatt La Jolla because I was attending the American Society of Hematology Meeting and I wanted to be close to the convention center. The entire city was sold out (30K attendance). Before checking into the hotel a front desk employee promised me they would give me a receipt showing $160 a night the government rate (the rate I was paying at Hyatt) on checkout I was told by the manager that was impossible to do. On checkin the front desk clarified my request three times so there was no way he could say he did not understand what I wanted to do. The front desk also checked me into my room early without requesting this. There was a lady as well checking me in at the same time paying in cash with a stranger so I thought it was okay. I did not realize until now she was paying for the room by the hour. All I did was drop off my luggage and go straight to the convention center and did not return to my room till 8pm. I could have left my luggage at the front desk till regular checkin. When I came back to my room at 8pm the internet was too slow to use and I had to buy more data on my phone in order to access the internet. The whole time before I was at the Hyatt in La Jolla and convention center and my phone worked fine on internet mode. Also the heat was broken and I had to turn on the shower on high and open up the bathroom door to create enough heat to keep me warm. I got sick as a result. Finally the room still had dirt on the floor from the last person. I never complained because I knew days inn was substandard but what I never expected was the rudeness I would experience from the manager at the front desk on checkout. I asked to extend my checkout from 11 to 12 because I was sick from lack of heat and needed to sleep in. I was told I had to checkout at 1130 on the dot or be charged. Furthermore, on checkout the front desk manager refused to have my bill reflect the government rate. He also saw that I checked in early and started insisting he needed to charge me even threatening me. Having traveled for business and at one time being Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, and Marriott Gold and Alaska 75k and United 1K I have easily stayed at over 750 different hotels. I have never felt so cheap, helpless, and devalued as a customer before.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 556christophert
JoseAyala619, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Hello Christopher
We are very sorry to hear you didn't your stay with us. We strive everyday to make every guest stay here memorable and as pleasurable as possible. We really hope we get another chance to show you what we are really made of here at the Days Inn Downtown San Diego.