2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$336
PricelineUS$337
Expedia.comUS$336
Hotels.comUS$336
FindHotelUS$336
Orbitz.comUS$336
All reviews business trip bit dated nice room stayed here for two nights workout room pool area city view attending a conference one night stay enjoyed my stay nice stay bed was comfortable convenient location great place to stay lounge property attendees
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021

I was not happy about having to pay $30 for overnight parking, but everything else was great. The male associate who checked me in explained everything thoroughly, including directions to my room and the available amenities. The room was sparkling clean and very quiet. The bed was comfortable, and the view of San Diego from the 20ish floor was nice to look at. A little on the pricey side for my own personal taste, but if you have the money, this is a place worth splurging on.

Date of stay: February 2021
Dennis Vinegas, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear jaywad451, Thank you for the 5/5 review! We are so glad you enjoyed your view while you were here. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2021

I am writing this from room 1709. This is my third 5 day stay here in two months and I'm pretty sure that I have found my San Diego hotel. The staff is great. The hotel is clean and updated, and I find the beds to be very comfortable I already have reservations here for my next few visits to San Diego.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank scottpeth

Dear scottpeth, Thank you for the 5/5 review and your loyalty. We are so glad this is your home away from home while visiting San Diego. We appreciate all of the wonderful comments! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 October 2020

Very friendly service - definitely the highlight of the stay. The pool was great. Like other reviewers I thought having the open closet in the bathroom was odd. My ‘city view’ balcony overlooked the parking lot. I understand cleaning services are limited in current circumstances; however during my four-night stay I did ask once for the waste basket to be emptied, but it wasn’t. There was a balcony overlooking the parking lot but too narrow to be of use - you couldn’t put a chair outside, for example.

I was told at check in there was construction going on, but it didn’t bother me at all.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

Haven’t stayed here in awhile since they renovated but also note they are still renovating. We didn’t hear any construction but the front desk does advise of possible noise or disturbance.

We booked the family connector room which is basically a king room and an adjoining room with 2 doubles. They both have a desk area and mini refrigerators. The king room has a small loveseat sitting area. The rooms are very modern with faux wood flooring, fixtures very modern throughout the room with adequate USB and electrical outlets which a large desk area.

The one thing I found odd was the closet/clothing rack was located in the bathroom. I understand not wanting to use space in the room for a closet but just odd to me.

We had balconies in both rooms although seemed like the area hadn’t a been swept or cleaned. Understand that it’s outside and maybe the wind swept up some dirt but there was a giant hair ball on the ground in the balcony.

The front desk staff was very friendly. During covid there is limited staff in general and the lounge is not open. We ordered breakfast and had to wait to order and even worse to get our food the wait was extremely long. The pools was open and is open until 11pm which was a plus. Pool area was very clean and relaxing.

Parking is not free and valet is currently not available. Parking spaces are super tight.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kpac22
Dennis Vinegas, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear kpac22,

Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley Hotel.

Please allow me to apologize for the several inconveniences you experienced during your visit. It is not often that I hear about this
many issues taking place during one stay and I am very concerned. I will be addressing these incidences with the appropriate department managers and ask that they put corrective measures in place so these types of issues do not reoccur.

kpac22, I realize that you may be hesitant to return to our hotel, however we would be grateful for another
opportunity to welcome you back to experience the proper service and guest room accommodation that your requested. When you would like to make reservations, please contact me directly and your arrangements will be handled personally.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance or if you have any further questions.

Dennis Vinegas
Director of Operations
Marriott Mission Valley
dennis.vinegas@marriottmv.com
619-692-3800

Reviewed 21 September 2020

Booked here because it was near family. The people are friendly enough. Stayed in a room high up looking out over the pool. The room, I think may have been a recently re done room was not to our liking. The closet was a open cabinet in the bath, and the floors have a glue down vinyl floor. The room had a very sterile feel. Not a warm and comfortable one. Like a Motel 6. The adjoining door had a gap on the bottom So the noisy neighbors sounded like they were in our room. A simple weatherstrip would help that situation. We expected more from a Marriott. And they clip you to park as well. Would not return to this location.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank cadriftr
Dennis Vinegas, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Dear cadriftr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley Hotel.

cadriftr, I realize that you may be hesitant to return to our hotel, however we would be grateful for another

Dennis Vinegas