Reviews (8 775)
5 061
2 437
5 061
2 437
All reviews seaport village harbor tower uss midway convention center huge hotel adult pool within walking distance coronado island gaslamp quarter corner room self parking the gas lamp district business conference petco park fire pit floor downtown
417 - 422 of 8 775 reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The Grand Hyatt San Diego is not a kid friendly hotel. I do not recommend this hotel for families. The hotel restricts access to certain areas if you have children. For example, there is a top floor with a beautiful lounge and view, I was sitting there with my 2 well behaved children (9 and 10 years old) at 5:30 pm and was asked to leave because children were not allowed in this beautiful area of the hotel. I understand policies that do not allow children to sit at the bar area, but this was not the bar area. It was a lounge with a beautiful view of the bay of San Diego. I asked to speak to the manager and the manager never came. I was denied service, literally 5 waiters passed by my table, but would not take my order because I had children. I have never felt so discriminated. I have traveled to many other Hyatts with similar lounge areas (Shanghai Grand Hyatt - Cloud 9 Lounge on the 100 floor) and my children have always been allowed in these lounges. It is the precise reason I like staying at these luxury family style hotels because parents are able to get a place that is stylish but at the same time family friendly. When traveling with my family I do not stay at hotels that are catered to adults only even though they may have very chic bar / lounge areas, because I know they discourage children. However, I was extremely disappointed that the Hyatt which has always been a kid friendly hotel was not welcoming families in San Diego, especially considering that San Diego is such a kid friendly city. I will NEVER stay at a Hyatt again. Sitting in that lounge and trying to get the attention of 5 waiters, but having them blatantly ignore me (even though lounge was not busy) was an awful feeling that I do not wish to experience ever again....shame on you Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Cosmopolitan673808
GrandHyattSD, Guest Relations Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased to offer access to Top of the Hyatt for all families between 3:00pm and 5:00pm, however there is a 21+ policy following this time. We are saddened to learn that parts of your stay failed to meet your expectations, and for this we sincerely apologize. We do offer several other restaurants/bars in the hotel including Brew30, the Grand Lobby Bar, Sally's, and MarketOne which do not share the same 21+ provisions. Families are encouraged to enjoy our 4th floor Family Pool, as well as our Kids Camp activities where children can play games and enjoy scavenger hunts. Please accept our sincere apologies concerning the manner in which your situation was handled. We have shared your feedback with our team but please do not hesitate to let us know if we can assist further.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Beautiful, clean, modern rooms. A/c works great, very nice blackout curtains, incredible linens, the best of any hotel ove ever syed in. Smelled fresh and clean. Definitely the best location of any hotel on the San Diego waterfront

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Beautiful property, great location to downtown San Diego. Close to baseball park, Gaslamp district, Sea Port Village. Room was wonderful had an awesome view of the marina. Hotel staff make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and during the entire stay. Staff always willing and available to give suggestions and directions to anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Staff everywhere was great.
Grand breakfast is awesome.
They give $10 a night credit that can be applied towards hotel dining.
Swimming pool was clean and refreshing.
Location superb. Right in the heart of downtown and can easily walk to Seaport Village, the Marina and also rent boats.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

The hotel was much less than I expected for the price. There were renovations outside of my room, the sink was cracked and dirty, the shower was scolding hot and the AC barely worked. It was in a great location though.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple