All reviews pancake machine yogurt cinnamon rolls for breakfast indoor corridors free breakfast phil's bbq the breakfast area road noise decent place to stay hotel chain stayed here for nights beds were very comfortable staff was friendly and helpful toilet paper fantastic stay booked this hotel minute drive
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Our family (2 adults with 2 kids) stayed at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo. Our check in date Sep 8th, 2018 and check out date Sep 10th 2018.

I planned this vacation a few months ago to celebrate my wife's 40th Birthday. We are Los Angeles residents for over 27 years and this is our first time staying at this property.

During check-in. After entering the hotel, Evalyn thanked me for being a IHG Spire Elite members and I selected the 500 points as the welcome gift. A few days before, I spoke with Roell and requested if he could upgrade us the two floor town house so that when my kids go to bed early, that my wife and I can have the living space by ourselves. I always ask for complimentary room upgrades if it was possible, so this was a very nice treat to receive an upgrade to a larger room.

This hotel is great for young kids. Our 2 kids enjoyed the use of the swimming pool facility. We used the pool amenities during Saturday and Sunday. There was hardly anyone using the pool on Sunday, which was very nice because we felt like we had our own private resort.

Breakfast was great. We love the pancake machine in this property which is something that I have not seen in other IHG Properties.

Parking was very convenient throughout our stay. There was plenty of spaces available.

The Wifi (Wireless Internet) speed during our entire stay is great. My kids were able to use the internet adequately. Speed is amazing, my phone did not lag or switched to cellular data during the entire stay.

Joyce - Hotel Manager was hospitable, positive, enthusiastic and passionate about her work. Her crew did an amazing job making us feel like we are at home away from home. We will definitely be coming back again.

5/5 Stars!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank drmirage
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Booking.com. It is a decent hotel, but the decor is a bit outdated. The Hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and the breakfast was good. Considering the price, it is a good value for staying in San Diego.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
HazelGuison, Guest Services Agent at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi Roger H,

Thank you for taking the time to review and give feedback to our hotel. It is good to see that there were good aspects of your stay, and you found us to be at a worthy value to your standards. We will continue to work on our location. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again. Please take care and have a great day.

Guest Service Agent

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Had a great 2 night stay here. The staff was absolutely delightful. Room was spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was pretty average, nothing to write home about but it did the job.
Hotel is well located in the northern suburbs of SD.
I would return again if in the area!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HazelGuison, Guest Services Agent at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi ranger22SG,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Holiday Inn Express in Rancho Bernardo a 5 out of 5 review and for writing such kind words. It is so good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel so welcomed. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon. Have a wonderful day and take care!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This hotel looks beautiful on the exterior, and is located in a safe neighborhood, with convenient nearby businesses, like restaurants.
The staff was friendly and professional.
The room, however, seemed to be old and in need of an upgrade.
The sofa was scuffed up with noticeable nicks. The tables in the room also had dings in them. The carpet was slightly stained and had an odor.
Also, the walls were quite thin, and it was difficult to sleep. due to loud conversations from the room next door and the room above. I could clearly hear every word, whether I liked it or not, and my neighbors were not yelling at each other.
It was kind of a shock, and not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express. I like Holiday Inn Express, and will choose the company again in the future... just not this particular location.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ChrisAlabama
HazelGuison, Guest Services Agent at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi ChrisAlabama,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review and write some feedback. It is good to see that you found our hotel to be convenient location. But we are truly sorry for all of the discomfort that you experienced during your stay. We will be taking in your feed back to improve our location to meet better standards. We do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you ,so we can give you a better stay. Please take care and have a great day.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

This is the first time in almost 15 years since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn hotel. The reason we booked this was because most hotels were more expensive so we were looking for decent enough hotels around Poway area so this one was the best rate we could find. We stayed here for 4 nights from July 14 to July 18th during our visit to San Diego. We arrived around 7:45PM, parked and checked in by Roelle, who was really friendly, but what he found strange was that though we booked from hotels.com, somehow he found 2 reservations with the same details, which appeared strange even when we showed proof that we are staying 4 nights under 1 reservation. Initially, they thought we were only staying 1 night until they pulled up another booking for those remaining 3 nights. We then asked can we keep the same room and he made a note and there were no problems from there. The only thing was we had to get different keys, but that's fine.

We got room 156, which we could easily park our car close to the 3rd entrance and enter the interior hallways. Impressions of the room were old but clean everyday. We felt safe given this was an interior corridor hotel. Shower was great with pressure and I really loved the massage feature of the shower, felt very smooth overall. Beds were very comfortable, cannot complain, we got a great night's sleep. The only negative was the room felt a little bit narrow when entering but it was not an issue.

What I love is that they have free coffee and flavored water throughout the day. They were of excellent quality, my parents and I cannot complain. We ate breakfast all the days we were there so I would say excellent selection overall. The pancake maker was amazing which resulted in pancakes tasting great. Additionally a few days I had the cheese omelet and one day there was scrambled eggs which were excellent and filling for a day ahead.

In terms of accessibility, it is close to a few malls and restaurants and there's a Starbucks nearby. Really helps when you have a car and navigation system when going someplace new. Overall, definitely recommend this if you visit San Diego and find all other decent hotels more expensive. My parents and I would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Krishnan R

Hi Krishan R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give the Holiday Inn Express in Rancho Bernardo a 5 out of 5 review, as well as writing such kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. And your kind words of Roell will be passed on to him, we are glad that he was able to accommodate you during your check-in process. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again soon. Have a wonderful day and take care.