Reviews (1 714)
1 714 results
All reviews pf changs indoor pool la jolla evening reception mall across the street koi pond made to order breakfast free happy hour parking garage complimentary breakfast the sofa bed no elevator the breakfast area per day business center room key business trip
52 - 57 of 1 714 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great location for UCSD graduation, suites were spacious, staff very pleasant, rooms were clean. Only downside was that fitness center was a little small for the size of hotel and some of the equipment needs attention/updating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Positives- Great location by La Jolla Village and PF Chang and I appreciate the texts asking how things are going and offer to make the stay great.

Negatives- Mattress on pull out bed is awful. Long lines for hot breakfast and manager’s reception drinks. While they offer to do things to make the stay great, they would not allow one hour late check out- not even for Gold members.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
jennifer v, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will look for ways improve our systems based on your experiences. For future stays we hope you'll give us another opportunity to take care of you. Best wishes.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Great Service and clean hotel. Weekday Social events are a nice treat after business dealings during the day! Located central to a lot of things to do without being the heavy traffic. This hotel is an example of why I only stay at Hilton properties.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This is such a beautiful place, I love the suite, the cooked to order breakfast and the yummy snacks and drinks at happy hour when I can get to it. The Koi pond in the lobby, complete with a waterfall, is a nice touch, but the staff makes the place. They're kind and generous and helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My wife and I went to San Diego for an emergency trip because my 93 year old dad ended up in the hospital. We flew in from overseas and checked in at about 2am. Needless to say, we were exhausted when we arrived.

IMPORTANT NOTE 1: include 31 USD in your hotel room per night. It costs that much to park in their parking structure every night !!! It was a huge rip-off but the only real place to park.

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: They charge you 1 night stay if you want to check out early. One of the things that REALLY disappointed me about this hotel was when we wanted to check out 1 day early from our 4 night stay. We gave the hotel 3 days notice by informing them that we wanted to leave 1 day early; that should be plenty of notice. The lady at the front desk said there was a 1 night penalty for leaving early (so checking out early was pointless) I think it was the lady's attitude that really pissed me and my wife off (and yes we are Hiltons Honours members too)...she had the very un-apologetic tone (very matter-a-fact attitude about the whole thing). She just stared at us while my wife and I stood there in disbelief. That just made my wife and I think "they are just going to make even more money by renting out the room after we check-out" If this really is a policy, it is really a bad policy given we informed you 3 days in advance.

Over-all the hotel room was okay...the only thing my wife and I didn't like about the hotel was the interior decorating. It's a bit depressing with all the dark colors in the room. I found myself turning on all the lights and TV just to brighten-up the room a bit. I was always opening the bedroom curtains too. One thing I didn't like about the room was the bathroom door (walking past was impossible if the door was half-way open).

The bathroom was okay but they give you this tiny bottle of shampoo, tiny bottle of body lotion, tiny bottle of conditioner and a bar of soap. There were 2 people in our room, I used the entire shower bottle after 1 shower. I'm allergic to soap so I had to use the shampoo as liquid body wash because that was all they had...so...my suggestion to the hotel is use larger bottles and give people liquid body wash (hypo-allergenic).

The gym was okay...I just ran on the treadmill...weights and other things are limited.
Swimming pool was small.

I'm rating the service as poor...this does NOT include housekeeping...they did a great job...But someone at the front desk needs a bit more work (not all...just someone)

Now if you look at all my reviews, I have travelled the world and stayed in many many many 5 star hotels...this doesn't come close. Maybe a 3 star hotel at best.

The only thing I really liked about this place was the location. Now for the big question...do I go back in August with my whole family and stay there or go somewhere else ?

Room Tip: rooms higher up are quieter...during breakfast it gets noisy and the shape of the hotel makes the noise travel upward
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Combatfisher
Marty B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We always appreciate the opportunity to hear what we are doing well and also opportunities to improve so that we can deliver outstanding service each and every time. I'm so sorry that the service you received was not up to our standards. But again, we appreciate you bringing the experience to our attention. We certainly hope that you'll allow us another opportunity to WOW you with the exceptional service our team is known for delivering!