All reviews carl's jr front desk nice breakfast convenient location swimming pool stayed here for two nights yogurt checking in cleaning staff motel
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Best of times: The staff was very nice and helpful. We were greeted by a very kind receptionist who checked us in. At first she put us in a room on the first floor. It was actually lower than ground level and felt like a basement room. We asked if we could change rooms and she was happy to put us on the third floor. Everything we asked for the staff accommodated us with a smile.
Best of times: The location of this hotel was great! It didn’t take long to drive downtown or to the beaches.
Best of times: The price was fantastic!
Best of times: We had a king bed that was very comfortable and we slept well. The TV was a large flat screen and easy to watch from bed. The fridge in the room was large with a nice freezer to keep our beach lunches cool.
Worst of times: Upon entering the room, we noticed a bad mildew smell. We decided to open the window to air out the room but there was no screen. Because it was the weekend, the maintenance man was not around to provide a screen. The staff was quick to find a screen on the Monday. We did however have to purchase a plug in air freshener because the smell was so bad. This was most likely due to not having a fan in the bathroom. We asked our friendly staff member about this issue and he said they are planning to add fans to all the rooms soon.
Worst of times: The entire hotel needs renovations. The carpet on the stairs (no elevator) was very dirty and worn. Our room carpet had burn holes and was dirty (see pictures). The bathroom had a clean counter and sink but there was mold around the toilet and I killed a little cockroach crawling on the bathroom floor one morning. (ewe!) The furniture was also showing wear and tear.
Worst of times: Breakfast was complimentary but tasted bad. The eggs tasted like rubber, the sausage patties had weird texture and the bacon was your standard microwave fare. The juice tasted good and the oranges, we think, were local.
Creepiest of times: As we were getting ready to pack up, we checked the room and drawers to make sure we didn’t leave anything behind and we found condoms in the drawer next to the bed! (Double Ewe!) Who knows who those belonged to!

Would we stay here again? No, not unless they add fans to the bathrooms and renovate the entire hotel. We stayed 6 nights and made the best of a not ideal situation. The hotel needs a lot of work.
The best part of our stay was the fantastic staff who always greeted us with a smile each day.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2018

DO NOT BOOK HERE! I pre-paid/ booked a reservation to stay here for my first night of vacation & over a month in advance, I even noted in the special requests of the reservation that it would be a late check-in arrival. After traveling all day with my two young children we arrived to the hotel at 9:45pm. There was no front desk staff inside the lobby. There was another customer waiting at the desk that seemed frustrated. When I asked her if she knew where anyone was at she told me that she had already been waiting for her room for over an hour. She said the hotel over booked and there were three other guests waiting that recently left but she was still waiting because she pre-paid the booking. She said there were no more rooms left except the one he was cleaning for her. Her young child was asleep in her vehicle & she waited for her room as the one front desk employee was cleaning her room. The employee came back to the desk to grab some room keys, he did not even acknowledge me standing in front of him at the desk, with my two young children. He left again down the stairs behind the front desk without saying anything. I decided to wait since I also pre-paid my room. I began calling other hotels around and everything was sold out except a Holiday Inn with only three rooms left for walk ins. I waited until 11:00pm (1 hr 15 min) and the front desk agent never came back to the front desk. The lady that was waiting for over 2 hours for her room was searching around even trying to find him, he had told her 10 mins and never came back over an 1.15 time passed. My children were falling asleep in the lobby at this point. I left to the Holiday in and had to pay $200 for one night but at this point I needed to put them to sleep & was waiting for no room for us. I went back in the morning & when I walked in there was a female front desk agent on the phone telling a guest how sorry she was & that they were over booked on rooms last night. I spoke with her about what happened & she was very friendly but when she phoned her boss, the franchise owner, he said he is not paying the difference for what I was forced to pay for a room at the Holiday Inn. The agent was even embarrassed that he boss would not refund the difference to me for what they did. I am still trying to get my money back............spare yourself, do not book here!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank yandlerachel
Reviewed 13 March 2018

It’s always nice to come into a friendly environment. The front desk staff is very friendly. I come here when I get away from work about 2-3 month. The beds are super comfy. I don’t know why there is a 200 carácter minimum. :)

Room tip: Their is no elevator but not alot of stairs because the 1st floor is basement like. So fyi.
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jimmy E, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for investing the time to review your stay at the Quality Inn San Diego/Miramar. We’re happy to hear that our hotel suites your needs and that you enjoy our new beds and bedding package. We always aim to provide our guests with excellent service and we’re touched that you took notice. Again thank you for your time and specially for your kind words in regards to our staff.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stay here several times through out the year. I have never had an issue. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows as well. I don't have the breakfast because of the time I leave but I know they have free hot breakfast. Jimmy always helps me to check in early so if you come in a little early he can help you. All in all very good place.

Room tip: I get the top floor so you don't hear anyone on top of you.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is always encouraging to receive a positive review as it lets us know that guests appreciate our service. Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. Hopefully you are able to enjoy some scrabble eggs, sausage, bacon, and waffles from our complementary breakfast on your next stay. Our property tries to always fulfill our guests requests, Please feel free to ask for an early check in calling us directly. Again Thank You.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is next to Holiday Inn and Best Western Plus in Miramar with a Carls Jr right at the front of the entrance except this property needed some face-lift both external and internal compared to the two. I called on Saturday 09/02/17 at 5:45 pm and nobody pick up my call and I then hang up and called again the 3rd time and finally someone answered the phone: Can you please hold? Now, what could I say but to agree and guess what, when you have someone on hold, it should not be more than 5 min and so, to test on the customer service level for this property, I decided to hold till 10 min before I hanged up. I called again and now, nobody picked up my call again. I have to keep calling and calling, still nobody picking up the phone from 5:55 pm to 6:10 pm on a Saturday evening which is a long w.e. and hotel in this areas are sold out. Finally, at 6:45 pm, I am able to get hold of someone who actually take my call and not asked me to wait. All I want to tell the front desk is I am running late and will not be checking in till a little after 10 pm and it had to take me 1 hour to get this little task done. This speaks volume that this property is understaffed during long w.e. and peak hours. The lobby is so so and the small swimming pool next to the lobby does not look clean. Hmm...having a swimming pool next to lobby took away one privacy but this is what it is, maybe, a blind will help to create privacy for the swimming pool users unless the front desk need to make sure the people in the small swimming pool not doing any thing illegal? Coffee and water next to the front desk all day long which a plus. Room is OK nothing spectacular. The breakfast room is tiny but one can always take the breakfast to one room if do not mind climbing the stairs to reach one room if you are assigned on the 3rd story like us. Overall, since complimentary, I am fine with the spread as it has quite a variety, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs though the bacon and sausage not replenished often enough. Scrambled eggs to watery that you can see the eggs is pale yellow meaning it is almost like cream color with a dash of yellow. Love the DIY waffles machine that made the big one and the 4 mini round waffles. Cereal, yogurt, Milk and pastries and bread. Probably, the breakfast room is too tiny, does not seem to create a nice breakfast environment and I can see why business traveler would prefer the Holiday Inn or Best Western which is within walking distance. I believe the clientele of this property is people who wanted to save maybe $10 or $20 per night. Honestly, I rather pay the additional and stay with Holiday Inn which do not offer complimentary breakfast. Since we paid $186 including taxes and fees for 1 night stay on a busy long w.e., I hope the owner would consider renovating the place a little. The lobby, can you make it more cheery and do something on the smell from the swimming pool invaded to the lobby and it feel weird to check into a hotel and smell the strong odor of chlorine. I know it is not possible to put an elevator in your property but you have to staff enough people at your front desk, should not be 1 man show, during peak hour to help take the luggage up to 2nd and 3rd floor for people who traveled with elderly or young kids. Honestly, I would not have chosen this property if it is not because it is nearby to the group that stayed with in Best Western and Holiday Inn except I booked 2 weeks before and they booked 2 months ago. All I feel is that you have the strategic location that allow you to be able to charge a higher price and yet you are not putting the money back to take care of the property and the people you hired and I am sure, eventually, you will lose customers as the price is the same during the long w.e. as in Holiday Inn and Best Western Plus and why should I want to book with you unless no choice. Your clientele is not as upscale as the other properties that are within walking distance.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Star of Jupiter, On behalf of our entire staff I would like to apologize for your less than satisfying stay to say the least. It has taken some time to respond to your comments as we looked into all items pointed out in your review.
We agree and thank you for your sincerity as it gives us an insight of what areas and what we can improve on to make our guests experience a memorable one in a positive way. As you mentioned our complimentary breakfast does have a great selection of items and glad to hear that you enjoyed the DIY waffles as well as our coffee and tea during non breakfast hours in our lobby.
Part of the upcoming renovations will be a brand new lobby set up with an automatic entrance. New pool deck and possibly a window closure to the pool as you suggested. We will also be bringing in new furniture and renovating our breakfast room as well.
As you see your comments have not landed on deaf ears and we appreciate all the time and effort you put into providing insight.
We hope that you will give us an opportunity to rectify your previous experience and visit us again in the near future.