Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sea world free breakfast room was clean easy access nice place to stay would stay here again old town short drive balboa park the san diego area la jolla motel freeway seaworld microwave parking downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Don't choose this hotel if you want to check in in a reasonable amount of time. We have been waiting over 40 min and we have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We will never stay here again based on this alone...

I have never had such a slow check in experience. This is especially hard with two small children around bedtime. We spent more on this hotel than we usually would and had higher expectations because of this. It was completely not worth it, which was pretty devastating, especially because this was our only trip for the entirety of 2020. Completely frustrating and awful way to start a hotel stay. It is never good to start a stay at a 1 Star before you see anything but the lobby. I am just hoping beyond hope the room is not equally disappointing. Will update my review if we ever actually make it to our room...

Updating now that we have checked in. We booked a room with 2 queens and the beds here are definitely doubles. The floors are disgusting. I made my children put on socks and thank God I did. My daughter's white socks were black within ten minutes. Disgusting. Luckily the beds look clean enough (although the absolute wrong size, I am almost 6 ft and my husband is over 6 ft so we notice when our feet hang off the edge of the bed!). The majority of the room appears clean but I am glad I brought disinfectant wipes.

Oh and because the check in lasted over 45 min it ruined the dinner we picked up on the way. Completely unacceptable stay and will not look at another Best Western for a long long time. We spent more money than we have in a long time here and were utterly disappointed in our experience. Thank God we are only staying one night.

Date of stay: February 2021
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Reviewed 5 May 2021

The staff is nice, helpful and efficient but the carpet in the room was dirty and had a bad smell. I was worried because, just before heading there, I read some reviews about people not feeling safe there. I was relieved to feel safe there but they should get the carpets cleaneda and get rid of the bad smell and they'll be in much better shape.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

This Best Western in Mission Bay is such a GREAT location with everything close by. It is more like a motel.... but VERY clean! The price was terrific! I’m a Best Western Diamond Select member & used points. Patrick @ the front desk was VERY Welcoming! I will stay here again because of this TERRIFIC location & clean!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Thank you.

Reviewed 19 April 2021

Would NOT recommend staying here- especially with children!!!

Was in the San Diego area for a family vacation, with my young child. Booked this hotel about a month in advance. Seemed like a good deal price-wise, relative to other hotels in the area. Looked nice, online.

Checked-in. Brought my things to the room. Room seemed clean. The grounds of the hotel didn't appear unkempt.

At 4am, there was a man lightly knocking on my hotel room door. He knocked multiple times. He then peered into my room window and then walked away. Immediately, my husband got up and looked out the window and we saw the man walk about 6 doors down from us, around the corner (all on the 2nd floor)... He knocked on that door and peered into that window and proceeded to TAKE THE SCREEN OFF THE WINDOW, OPEN THE GLASS OF THE WINDOW, REACH IN AND UNLOCKED THE DOOR AND BROKE INTO THE ROOM!

I immediately called the front desk. A man answered the phone and I told him what had happened. He did not seemed concerned and stated he would send security to "check it out." We saw a security person do a lap on the 2nd floor and that was the extent of it. We were up the entire rest of the night, scared the man would come back.

My husband looked at our window and saw that it was off the track and easily accessible if anyone wanted to break in. It was weird to us that the man went to our room and then to the room 6 doors down, skipping the rooms in-between. That man must have known which windows were easily accessible/easy to open.

The next morning, my husband went outside and saw a maintenance man walking by and told him about what had happened- HE HAD NO IDEA. We watched as he reached into that room, after he opened the window and the walked away (I'm assuming for back-up or something) and we saw the man who broke in walk out of the room after that (I'm assuming scared he would be caught). The next thing we saw were multiple maintenance men wandering the hotel clearly looking for the man. They were going into all of the vacant rooms making sure he didn't break in there after he left the one he already broke into.

No police were called. I went to the front desk to tell the man behind the counter that I want to be refunded for the next 2 nights that my family and I had paid to stay there. The man pretended he did not know of the man who broke in & when we told him- acted surprised. He said "I'm sorry that happened." and left it at that. I was refunded the other 2 nights that I was not staying there and we left- not looking back!

Looking back, I should have just notified the police instead of calling the front desk. But it was 4am and my entire family, including my small child were very shook-up about the whole thing. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank amandahE1618VV

Reviewed 1 April 2021

don't waist your money. Our room was not clean, looks like they are avoiding to vacuum corners and wipe base of lamps. you can see hair and crumbs left from previous guests. Bathroom was tight and poorly lightened. Shampoo bottles were small and not enough for 2 washes. When I asked maid to bring us more they didn't. Be aware that your room will not be cleaned unless you stay for a week. if you have trash, you are on your own, try to feet it in small trash can wherever you can find it. Microwave's cord was way too short and we couldn't connect it to power outlet! front desk brought us dirty extension cord and offered no apology.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021