Reviews (1 580)
1 580 results
All reviews shelter island point loma first floor underground parking rooms are large free breakfast bit dated close to downtown hotel restaurant coronado island the san diego area sea world balboa park balcony humphreys zoo sd
54 - 59 of 1 580 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Staff was very nice and accommodating an early check-in. Room was on the ground floor. Bed was good. Furniture and decor were something I would expect of a lesser ranked hotel. The windows / door on appear to be from when the hotel was built (single pane, gaps and not secure) and not well maintained or cleaned.

I did not bring these items up to the staff at the time as I did not think it could be rectified with a room change (dirty bathroom or bed, for example - which it did not have). It's more a function of the hotel itself. Based on other reviews, location and cost, I expected more.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Matt Z
Reviewed 26 June 2018

This was our first time staying here. My husband wanted to spend his birthday nearby In front of the water and relax. I came upon this place and was very pleased with the price and the view. If we ever do a staycation again, definitely this will be our pick.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MichaelArdelt, General Manager at Bay Club Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Linelle858,

I am so glad you chose to stay with us for your husbands birthday celebration! I hope you received the complimentary birthday gift as I didn't see that noted on the reservation. I'm happy to hear you had a good time and will return again for another staycation. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were here for a family reunion and had issues from the first day until the last. While the staff at the hotel were incredibly friendly, the hotel has significant management and process issues. These issues allow for impotent responses to problems that arise from day to day hotel operations. Not to mention the hotel rooms have outdated telephones, televisions and furniture. The hallway carpets are riddled with stains. The common areas are mediocre at best. Bottom line it needs a serious renovation. Would not recommend!

Room Tip: Remodel the property. Retrain the hotel management. Modify improve hotel processes.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mrstidum
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Nice place to stay. Rooms could be cleaner, but if you ask for something to be cleaned it is done right away. Staff is friendly and helpful. I had a view of the marina and enjoyed sitting on the balcony people watching. Would use again.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Took me back to a less complicated earlier time. Everything is updated but there are very interesting jewels left from original construction many years ago. The views are unbelievable off the bay and North Island. The good old days of San Diego.

Room Tip: 2nd floor looking toward North Island.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo