Lowest prices for your stay
US$215
Free cancellation until 21/06/27
Hotels.com
US$215
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
Expedia.comUS$215
Lol.travelUS$244
Reviews (1 241)
1 241 results
All reviews front desk great place to stay business center sea world freeway ucsd
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 241 reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2021

This was by far the best hotel I’ve stayed within a reasonable price. It was clean, bed was very comfortable, conveniently located, and safe for my teenage daughter and I. The location was so close to beaches, eateries, museums, malls, and Sea World.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christopher Moreau, Marketing at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2021

Hello tamaraltaylor,

I'm ecstatic to read your review. I'm so happy to see that you and your daughter enjoyed your getaway to San Diego. I look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2021

Loved the location in a quiet, not busy area yet close to freeway. Hotel was clean. Breakfast provided at Hotel right next door. Made a reservation to use the Spa. Pool was warm. Absolutely no issues during our stay.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello toallentown,

Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay. That's wonderful to hear! There's nothing better than jumping into a pool expecting cold water and finding out that it's actually warm! We hope to host you again soon!

Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We have some great events coming up!

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

I made my reservation for this hotel to arrive December 30. When I went to check in I was greeted by a sign that says that they closed December 7 and my reservation was moved to the Homewood Suites next door. I made my reservations well after they closed. They are putting guests up in the hotel next-door which is Homewood suites. To say the least I was very disappointed and upset. I could not move hotels because I was financially unprepared to do so. I was told emails went out and I was very adamant that I did not receive anything. I checked all emails from Hilton since making my reservation. What I did receive the night before were check in instructions for the Hilton Garden instead of the Homewood suites next-door. Everybody has their favorite brand and has expectations so certainly this was not my expectation to be greeted by dark hotel with a sign on it to go next-door. I checked reservations on booking sites and they’re still showing the Hilton Garden open which is not true. It needs to be corrected so people will not have an experience like mine. Now I see why people were in the parking lot on their phones because they were checking for other reservations and probably calling Hilton to figure out what the heck happened. This is not good business!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JenaiMorehead
Robert Rauch, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Jenai, I am terribly sorry that you were unable to stay with us at our Hilton Garden Inn. A California "stay at home order" was issued and business dropped to near zero in December. I personally talked to Hilton and began filling out the forms to close our hotel through the reservation system. It is a huge decision and based on the short duration of the order, we felt it prudent to not shut all systems down. Our Homewood Suites is in the same parking lot as I am sure you noticed. You are the first and only complaint that got to me. I will be reopening as soon as possible and we thank you for your understanding--I am always available to talk to our guests as I office at the Hilton Garden Inn daily. Thank you! Bob 858.663.8998 is my cell

Reviewed 23 October 2020

This hotel is amazing & the staff made it even better! I stayed here with my husband for two nights from Friday - Sunday. Chris kindly checked us in & made it easy and accommodating to help make our stay very comfortable. Not to mention he was very informative I didn’t even have any questions afterwards. The team I encountered here knew hospitality down to a T! I think the location is great too if you’re thinking of staying in the city but don’t want to be surrounded by all of the chaos. What I really loved was the scheduled room service I thought that was nice since I like to lay around all day sometimes just to find a peace of mind. No one knocked on my door the whole time I was there yet everyone was so attentive when I needed something or had any questions. The cleanliness of the room was honestly impeccable especially during this pandemic it really made me feel better about staying at a hotel while pregnant... in the middle of a virus! Haha needless to say if you’re looking for a calm, tranquil hotel with good food that’s located in Del Mar then I think this chain of hotels is what you’re looking for. Never stayed at a hotel that was so versatile to work with the guest. Stephanie also was ABSOLUTELY helpful just like Chris! They were both so very kind to my husband & I. I’m thankful for them! Thanks guys I’m hoping to be staying with you guys soon again for another get away! Stephanie is always very helpful and goes the extra mile for her guests :) A definite 5 stars!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Daria R
Reviewed 20 March 2020

I really liked the hotel and it had probably the best food I have had at a hotel. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean with no wear. My one knock is that there is really nothing in walking distance to the hotel. You need to drive to do anything.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank silvaja01
Hotelguru01, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Dear silvaja01:

Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel, our food and comfort/cleanliness. We look forward to better times ahead after this unprecedented crisis. Travel safely and stay healthy! Bob