“Good chicken sandwich, but slow service at times.”
Review of Chick-Fil-A

Chick-Fil-A
Ranked #3 370 of 5 588 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Chick Fil-A is becoming one of my top favorites when it comes to fast food. They make great chicken sandwich, the original number 1 on their menu. The fries are good too, the criss-cross fries. I also like their lemonade drink. They do great promotions like offering free food and even mailing coupons in the neighborhood to invite people to eat for free without requiring a minimum purchase (at least I got one in the mail.) They are also known to close on Sundays, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. If you were to ask me to rank them, I would put them a little below In N Out, somewhere in between The Habit and Wendy's, but definitely higher than McDonalds, Burger King, and Carl's Jr.
I was here today, July 18, 2017 at 12:30. The wait was not too long at the time, I was next in line to order. The lady on the register called me over and I gave the free chicken nuggets coupon. I got the grilled chicken and decided to order a number 1 meal with fries and the HiC drink. Then, I went to the toilet to wash my hands and the food came out right after I was going to sit down. That was quick. I did not even get a chance to log in to their free wi-fi until in the middle of eating my sandwich.
The chicken sandwich that I had is great, the original Chick-fil-A sandwich. It is just bread, chicken, and pickles. Easy as that. I do wish they can put some tomato and lettuce on it though since I love veggies. Maybe I have to ask for it. The fries were fresh and tasty. I like the fries over In N Out and the Habit. The drink I had this time was actually out of syrup. The HiC tasted like soda water so after eating I decided to ask for a refill and changed it to the blue Powerade. The grilled chicken that I had was okay, it taste just like other grilled chicken.
However, the one thing that could be improved is the service. It was good, but workers need to be more aware of their surroundings. I worked at a fast food before and I made it obvious by having my drink cup lid open for a refill. I was right in front of the person who was refilling. I was okay with waiting in between customer, but I waited and waited and did not get my refill until the lady behind me yelled "excuse me". The girl with the ponytail finally responded and the lady asked for sauce because she did not get them on drive thru. She was complaining about the wait and me waiting before her. Anyways, I know it was busy because there were about 12 people in line to order(the line was across the door), but the guy coming in and out to hand food and the cashier that was in front of me should have noticed that I wanted a refill since I waited for so long. I am not upset over it since I blended in with the people who were waiting for their food order, but it was okay service for a busy day. I do appreciate the fact that they bring the food to you whether you are ordering for here or to go.
The other thing that I wanted to mention is that the restroom had no soap. There was also no paper towels to wash my hands. There were hand sanitizer wipes. I used that, but it is not the same as washing hands with soap. I had to wash my hands since my hands were dirty from touching trash. I wanted to mention that to the people who are working there, but they were too busy. Anyways, I hope next time they have the soap ready because I do not want to keep using paper towels to eat my sandwich and fries.
One more thing that I probably want to discuss is the drinks. This is probably for Chick-Fil-A as a whole, but I really wish they had a drinking fountain where I can access the drink and do it myself rather than have a person do it for me. I do not mind asking, but if it gets busy then it might not be worth the wait for a refill, which is what happened to me today.
TL;DR: Their chicken sandwich is good, but service at this location is slow during busy hours, and the restroom did not have soap so I had to give a 3 out of 5 this time. I love their chicken sandwich and I will definitely visit again in the future.

Date of visit: July 2017