Reviews (1 735)
1 735 results
All reviews gaslamp district rooms are small yoga room horton plaza two bottles of water great boutique shower door convention center restaurant downstairs within walking distance per night homeless people in room coffee corner room fridge and microwave gas lamp balboa park
15 - 20 of 1 735 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on our West Coast road trip during our honeymoon in July 2018. The hotel is stylish and nicely decorated. We got a bit confused finding the valet parking (ended up driving down a one way road!) but once found the staff were very friendly and they took our car away to the underground car park. Check in was simple and easy.

The room was pleasant, I would say it was on the small side, quite cramped together but the bed was comfy and it was clean. I did think this hotel was quite expensive, we paid £200 for 1 night and I don't think it was justified considering the size of the room and valet parking was on top of this with no breakfast included.

The location was average. It's around a 20-25 minute walk to the Gas Lamp district where all the main restaurants and bars are. If I came to San Diego again I would definitely stay somewhere a bit closer to the main areas.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2019

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sofia Hotel the last night of our trip to California. We drove down the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to San Diego. Throughout the trip we stayed at budget hotels (which we regretted). Ending at the Sofia Hotel was a God-send. The service was spectacular the the location is perfect. We will be returning to fully experience the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2019

The hotel is definitely showing its age - the hot water is poor and the lighting wasn't good at all. The front desk staff was very nice. I peeked into the gym which looked like a good one, and it was cool to have a yoga studio in the hotel. It was a bit of a walk to the seaside area where my conference was occurring.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tourist32227001568
Reviewed 11 February 2019 via mobile

Due to unsuspected rain I decided to have dinner in the restaurant the Currant in my hotel, the Sofia hotel. It’s a nice restaurant with the bar in the middle. It’s happy hour all evening with 4 dollar beers and 6 dollars wines. Food was good as was the atmosphere!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 9 February 2019

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center and was able to book 4 months in advance. Got a great rate compared to convention centre hotels. Staff were pleasant, hotel clean, interesting decor (especially if you like rocks!) well located and on the bus route to and from the airport. Yay.

Date of stay: October 2018