Reviews (1 655)
1 655 results
All reviews gaslamp district rooms are small horton plaza yoga room two bottles of water shower door convention center historical hotel great boutique restaurant downstairs within walking distance per night bathroom floor in room coffee homeless people corner room fridge and microwave
146 - 151 of 1 655 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My BF and I were worried about getting into San Diego at 11am and checking in at 4pm. We went to the hotel to drop off our bags and the staff said they had a room available for us to check into! It was the greatest thing being able to feel at home and relaxed so early into our trip. The entire staff from the front desk to hallway was super friendly and attentive. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were there two nights. The first night we were in the least expensive room, and as others have said, it was small. For a larger couple, it would be tight. The second night we had booked a bigger room and to our pleasant surprise, were given a suite! Suite was much more roomy- nice living area and the bedroom was comfortable. Good location. No restaurant per se but there is a restaurant attached to the hotel (but not a part of it) that had some good wines. We didn't get a chance to try the yoga/walking tour as the days didn't work out but I love that they offer it. No fitness center or pool. All in all, a good find!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed for 3 nights at The Sofia Hotel and it was a great experience. The location was excellent both for walking to various downtown attractions, and for commuting to the beaches, parks and the Zoo. Both the desk and valet staff were helpful, courteous and efficient! Finally, the value for the room and location was good. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The hotel boasts slightly more than 200 guest rooms but somehow still retains the ambiance found in a smaller scale (100 rooms) boutique hotel. The reception personnel were top-notch and Brian welcomed us so warmly. He said that, when we return, we should connect with him for excellent room choices.

Outside, the man-with-the-magazine bronze statue stopped us in our tracks. We had to admire every to-scale nuance this nattily-dressed bon vivant invited. And, what could he be reading? The sculpture's title is "That-a-Way" and was awarded to the hotel in 2008 after the impressive renovation of this hotel and the beginning of the rebirth (and urban redevelopment) of the historic area.

Grand old historic hotels like Sophia set San Diego apart as a great destination to search out period art and to connect with the past. This present iteration of the hotel is only about 12 years old; the 1920's hotel underwent a major $16 million renovation. Fortunately, the charm and character was left intact (or maybe just polished up a bit).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Four things that you should know: (1) the walls in my room were paper thin, and you can hear neighbors' intimate bathroom noises; (2) the wifi did not work, but the concierge directed me to a tech support line--who has time to do that on a trip?; (3) the coffee was never replenished in my room--I had to go down to the front desk every day; and (4) there were long hairs in my bed. When I checked out, the concierge didn't ask my how my stay was, which should tell you everything you need to know. Overall, shabby and uninterested in improving; avoid.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business