2 people are viewing this hotel
Homewood
US$214
Free cancellation until 21/06/27
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$214
Reviews (1 908)
1 908 results
1 286
1 286
All reviews complimentary breakfast and dinner full kitchen bedroom suite home away from home front desk staff living area oatmeal pool and hot tub norma dishwasher ucsd
Selected filters
3 - 8 of 1 908 reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2021

Stay was amazing family trip we felt like we was home . We sleep very comfortable and my girls loved the view and just one thing the pool was to cold but we was told a head of time that was awesome and your service goes beyond thank you to all are stay was perfect and we will definitely be back . Great customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Christopher Moreau, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

Hello wesedith1,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm so glad to hear that you and the kids had a great vacation. I'm sorry to hear that our pool was cold during your trip though. As a standard, we have the pool heated to 82 degrees. We are proud to be your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 April 2021

Friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious and clean. We also appreciated the nice complimentary breakfast as it even had hot items offered. There was plenty of parking available and the hotel is located in a very nice area.

Hello Tamij0,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm glad to hear all your needs were met in one location. It's our goal to make you feel at home each visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2021

This property is my families favorite every time we come to the SanDiego area there customer service is awesome thank yal again!!! They have a great selection of breakfast items and there dinners are always good we like to start on Thursday night with hamburgers and hot dogs.The property is very clean.

Hello jesusistheway,

Thank you for your great review. It's always a pleasure hosting you. Hamburger night is always a crowd pleaser. We'll make sure yours are hot and ready on your next Thursday visit!

Reviewed 12 April 2021

Let's start at day one. I called the front desk, local number, no answer, and was sent to voicemail. I left a message at 10am that my family and I would be arriving late, just out of respect to the front desk staff to make their job easier. I asked for a call back to confirm my message was received - no call back occurred. We arrived at 10pm to be told, "Sorry, we don't have your room. We can put you up next door." Next door was the Hilton Garden, with 2 queens. Was this equivalent to 2 queens and a sleeper, which I reseveved 2 months in advance? No. Did my 15 year old son want to sleep with my 16 year old daughter? No. Was I charged for a room I reserved but didn't receive? Of course. Was there any offer of compensation for the failure of providing me with what I reserved? No.
After traveling all evening and being met with this failure of a hotel, I considered finding another place to stay and just calling this a wash. However, the front desk assured me they could honor the reservation on day 2 and I could return to the Homewood Suites. To make up for this inconvenience, I was given a room adjacent to the exit where seemingly the entire hotel staff step out to smoke, at all hours of the day and night, along with other guests. Every instance that I left the room, the exterior door was propped open, with an employee or guest smoking 5 feet from the door.
This is the service received as a Hilton Gold member. I can't imagine getting worse service if I walked in off the street wearing an "I love Marriott" shirt. Thank you, Homewood Suites by Hilton. I tested out your product in advance of choosing my business account. I can't imagine how miserable I'd be repeating this experience on a weekly basis. I'm honestly amazed at how poor this experience was for my entire family. It was almost as if they were making every effort to provide us the worst experience they had to offer.

Room tip: Here's a tip - get a room at a different hotel. Or an underpass. Or sleep in your car, as we were tempted to do.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 12 April 2021

Great hotel! Pool and hot tub are open :) easy check in! I arrived at 1pm and my room was ready. The hotel has pool floaties and a warm hot tub. A great free breakfast in the morning. I will be back to this hotel!

1  Thank julieannwilliams08

Hello julieann,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait for your return!