“Louder Than A School Cafeteria ....”
Review of Great Maple

Great Maple
Reserve with OpenTable
Great Maple is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 5 243 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

..... without the ambiance. We went today for blunch. I had the Pork Belly Banh Mi, which was delicious, and my husband had the Grass-Fed Beef Burger, which he said was quite good. We both had the pommes frites (which are French fries only fancier). The prices were well above average for similar fare elsewhere. I was a bit downhearted when the host seated us at a tiny table smack-dab between a party of four and two, respectively. There was about an 18-inch space between the tables, and with the cacophony at the restaurant at a fevered pitch, our seatmates had to raise their voices to be heard over the restaurant din. We were unwilling participants in their loud personal conversations, prisoners hemmed in by protruding knees and elbow-spread, not knowing where to look or how to hide. Our waitperson was of the vanishing kind; she was all over us and then when we needed her most (where's our food, and the check, please!) she was nowhere to be found. We suffered in silence. Luckily, my husband and I have developed a non-verbal code when we know things are out of our control: we tap each other's foot, pivot our heads, and catch the waitperson's wandering eye. When it works, it's great, because we can get our bill, pay it and leave. Such was the case at Great Maple.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The Great Maple is absolutely fabulous. The great people and food compliment each other. A must visit if coming to San Diego. We will be back. Thank you Great Maple for being a part of the memories.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

It was a short 20 minute wait for outdoor seating on a Sunday. The service was good and very accommodating. The menu was enticing. Everything was delicious. I do agree with a previous review that thinks this place is overpriced. I paid $22 for my breakfast and tea. Popover twists on eggs Benedict start at $17.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Not a place I personally would come back to. Parking is limited but that's not abnormal for San Diego. The menu does have many options for food and drinks which I find appealing and see why people frequent here for the different variations. The prices are ridiculous. On average $15-25 a plate... a shrimp salad is $22!

I was thinking to myself, if the food taste amazing then maybe the price wouldn't be so bad. Nope, lacked flavor. We had so many different servers we didn't know who was assigned our table. Not impressed with the Great Maple.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went here with family during the Christmas holiday. Son and daughter-in-law had been many times before and were anxious to share the place with us. It did not disappoint! We had reservations but still had a moderate wait before being seated on the patio. The atmosphere was lively, the servers were more than friendly, and the food and drinks were delicious! Portions were huge. :-). Definitely a place to visit again.