“Quaint pizza bar”
Review of Isola Pizza Bar

Isola Pizza Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isola Pizza Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 5 483 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2018

My 1st and my husband's 3rd visit. Large delicious salad, plenty for 2. The pizza was thin, rich crust with a sauce seemingly made from Manzano tomatoes- slightly sweet with mild acid. The usual toppings with enough offerings for this vegetarian.

Our server was charming and attentive without hovering. Each was out of central casting for an Italian waiter and added to authentic experience.

We have pizza at least once a week and are quite picky. Isola was a perfect find, in a great neighborhood and if we lived closer would be our go to place.
l
One the way out we notice a huge bottle of "purple" meaty looking olives and was immediately disappointed that we did not order the olive starter. Oh well, next time and there will be an next time.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Have to give this a 5 star for overall excellence. First, dining in street cafe comfort in San Diego's Little Italy sets the stage perfectly. Staff was excellent, and service very good. My pizza was one of the best I've ever had. Very fresh ingredients with a fresh-tomato tasting sauce, and a crust that is sweet and woodfired. Can't say enough positives.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just had an amazing meal at Isola. Fab prawns - huge - my salad with goats cheese was great. My daughter had a Margharita Pizza and said best pizza she's had since arriving here a week ago. All the staff are smiley and friendly especially Sam behind the Bar and Alonso, the Manager. Great team. We will be back.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Took family on a Pizza tour of Little italy, this was our first stop. Everyone was amazing and accommodating. When the pizza was delivered, a Margarita, we discussed the crust, sauce and cheese. The we tasted. Oh my...the crust was thin but not too crisp and perfect. The sauce was like fresh tomatoes out of the garden and just enough cheese. My family oohed and ahead and claimed they felt it was like have real pizza for the first time. Can't wait to return to try more of their food!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We enjoyed our dinner here. Good pizza and beer in a good location. It's a nice area to walk around in and then have a good dinner.