All reviews typical hie denny s breakfast room hotel is conveniently located sized room breakfast staff front desk clerk nice hotel coffee maker air conditioner complimentary breakfast staying at this hotel hotel staff easy access furniture pillows renovation
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We're currently staying at this hotel for 7 days and we're very pleased. The rooms were clean the staff are friendly and do their best to make you feel welcomed. Edwin at the front desk was accommodating to all our room requests and the room attendant and breakfast staff also say hello and ask if there's anything they can help with. Yadi one of the Managers went out of her way to reach out to my son this morning to offer a small gift (toy car). As a frequent business traveler, its great to see hotel staff go the extra mile to make their guests have a wonderful stay. I'd recommend Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa to anyone staying in San Diego.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MarioE1811, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Greetings Jerry J

I would like to extend our appreciation for giving us time writing a review. It’s been our pleasure to be host you on your travels here in San Diego.We work hard to ensure a fantastic stay, and are so happy to see we earned your 5 star rating. We hope that during your next visit to San Diego, you will allow us to serve you once more!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This place is close to I 15 which gives you easy access to the Mira Mesa area . It’s of choices for food and entertainment . The rooms and the front end have been recently renovated . The beds are great and the pillows are the perfect softness .
You will enjoy your time at this hotel

Date of stay: February 2018

Greetings S2071SterryB,

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel, for the most part, is nice and clean in common areas but there were stains on the floors and chairs and some of the furniture was very old and dated. The beds and pillows were comfy and the bathroom was modern. The place looks renovated but not completely. There’s breakfast starting at 6, free WiFi, and a small pool across the parking lot. Great thing is that it is walking distance from places to eat. Staff was nice. Wouldn’t mind staying here again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello BeeS24,

I would like to extend our appreciation for giving us time writing a review. Its been our pleasure to be host you on your travels here in San Diego.

I hope you give us an opportunity to host you once again.

Operations Supvisor

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Overall stay was great and front desk clerks were really helpful. I think that the biggest issues were parking. Basically, it was really hard to park as HolidayInn shares the parking place with other hotel. Although we had an issue with wardrobe door not fully opened, it was ok for us not using the closet. I stayed here by using my reward points, but $$$ was charged. I called the hotel and a front desk clerk fixed the problem smoothly.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings Calmsmile2018,

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Aside from parking being difficult at night, due to servicing two hotels, and aside from not having a bathtub in the room, and aside from my toilet making noises even after it was supposedly fixed, the only thing I could complain about was not hot water. I tried several times, let the water run for at least 3-4 minutes.. Told front desk on first morning in, that later that night went to take shower, and no hot water(I should not have to let water go wasted down the drain for more than a few minutes.. Finally 2nd night I had some hot water.. What bothers me is I told the front desk to fix the toilet and hot water, and they did not get fixed. Hot water was probably fixed because i personally told the maintenance guy. Went to go use their website to check out, as the email requested, and it said website was down for maintenance. How about stop doing the maintenance on your website and do it on the hotel.. Will NEVER stay here again...Did I forget to mention my room was 3 different colors?

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Garymfreedman,

I apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you. I would definitely discuss this with my team and have it resolved as soon as possible. Again, i sincerely apologize for the renovations.

I hope you give us an opportunity to host you once our overall renovations are done.