Reviews (1 602)
1 602 results
All reviews james hotel rooftop terrace historic hotel rooms are small valet parking airport shuttle gas lamp an older hotel staff was very friendly and helpful bars and restaurants petco park horton plaza gaslamp downtown district trolley sd
12 - 17 of 1 602 reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2019

The hotel was generally clean but the facility is not up to date. My staff reported an old elevator that looked unsafe. The front desk staff are younger and they are trying their best but the training and customer services is not what you would expect for the prices you are paying. I had to call multiple times to correct our reservations and I have had to call multiple times to get credit card receipts sent to me.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ashleyvitale, Assistant General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Gaslamp Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2019

Greetings Sightseer40646825219,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Historic Ramada St James. We strive to provide the best in service and are saddened that you experienced challenges during your time here. Please know this is not our standard and your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me at info@stjameshotel.com, so I can further research your stay and hopefully provide some answers for you. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope one day we can turn this experience around for you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2019

Charming historic hotel in teh heart of the GasLamp District in San Diego. Easily walk to restaraunts, clubs, and live music venues form here. Brian's 24 hour restaraunt is attached. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the staff is fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ashleyvitale, Assistant General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Gaslamp Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Greetings GrandTour49972580276,

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay at the Historic Ramada St. James. We strive to provide the best in hospitality and are delighted to know that our staff was friendly and helpful! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 January 2019

While at my stay at Ramada by Wyndham, we were greeted with kindness. We had a couple issues with the public parking so the staff was amazing to help me out with my parking issue. They’re customers service is top notch! Would recommend to everyone!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ashleyvitale, Assistant General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Gaslamp Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Greetings Sunshine02085374959,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled that our entire team was friendly and accommodating during your stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2019

I had a very pleasant 4 night stay here! Loved that a 'double' had 2 rooms!! Each night after conference it was like coming home, so comfortable and welcoming. I would stay there again anytime! Walking distance to so many places!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ashleyvitale, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Gaslamp Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2019

Greetings Betsi E,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your San Diego vacation. I am pleased that we have consistently provided you with excellent customer service, and a guestroom that makes you feel right at home. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance, and I appreciate your complimentary review. We will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 18 January 2019

So, this hotel is a "classic"... it's in a tall, skinny old building right in the middle of the Gaslamp district, and is much cheaper than hotels around it. Is it modern and classy? No. Is the decor gorgeous? No. Is the elevator from this half-century? Definitely not (you literally have to open a door, then push a gate aside to open it).

BUT... despite all this, I've scarcely had friendlier or more helpful service at a hotel, from the valet guy to the bellman (the same person) to the people who checked me in and greeted me every time I passed by. My room was two queens -- so I was on the 9th floor, and it was literally 2 small hotel rooms connected by a door. Perfect if you're a family with kids, actually!

In addition, "breakfast included" means generous vouchers for the restaurant next door (connected by an interior door) to order what you want. Good food and a cool vibe.

They do included earplugs and warn you that it may be loud -- it's the Gaslamp -- and I appreciated the honesty. I turned up the fan and never heard a thing.

So, in this case, you get more than what you pay for, because the price of this place is so cheap. Worth it!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ashleyvitale, Assistant General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Gaslamp Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2019

Greetings JarJar319,