Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$157
US$132
US$363
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$224
  • Pool
The Horton Grand Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$188
  • Restaurant
US$220
US$152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$385
US$346
Official Site
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$362
  • Pool
Urban Boutique Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$564
US$371
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Reviews (2 214)
2 214 results
1 444
1 444
All reviewsveranda restaurantspa poolavant restaurantfamily poolspa servicesbeautiful resortbusiness conferenceself parkingthe san diego areafire pitrbipropertyarlenesalineweddingcabanarelaxation
26 - 31 of 2 214 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had traveled through the Rancho Bernardo Area in the past, but had never actually visited. This was a business trip, and the meetings were at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, which was totally new to us.

The Rancho Bernardo Inn bills itself as a “luxury resort,” and I see why. It is a resort with golf, a spa, and very nice dining. It seems to serve as a bit of a “country club,” for the near-by residents, who likely have a membership to the golf course. Unfortunately, on this brief stay, we did not get to play the course, and never made it to the spa. Maybe next time?

We arrived with another participant in the meeting, from SAN, and were warmly greeted by the front desk. As this meeting had just recently been called, I was surprised at how accommodating the Inn staff was. The only little glitch was that my iPrefer number did not register. Not sure what is up with that, as I had my card in my briefcase. Something to check on, when I get around to it.

The inn is situated in what appears to be a master-plan golf community, and is a focal point in that community. Looking at the architecture, I would place its age at being from the 1960's, or early 1970's. It was obvious from the grounds, and our room, Gardens 233, that the Inn had undergone a fairly recent renovation. Our room was a combination of 60's charm, but with some significant updates. Looking at the thickness of the paint, on some of the trim, I would say that maybe 4 overhauls had been made.

Our room opened onto a grassy area, and was “connected” to a lovely breeze way, which led past the pool, to the main building of the Inn, where meeting rooms, Avant and Veranda restaurants are located, plus the bar.

Gardens 233 felt almost like a mini-suite, because of the floor plan, but was just an nice room, with a King bed, an ample walk-in shower, an ample closet, a small counter for the coffee maker, and a mini-fridge, and then a balcony, overlooking a grassy area, between buildings. It looked and felt larger, than it probably actually measured.

The bedroom had a comfortable King bed, a small sitting area, a combo dresser and desk, with a flat-screen TV. And then, that balcony, which was nice. The doors to the balcony were louvered, and I did not see any blackout curtains. Though it was situated beneath a canopy of eucalyptus trees (in the “garden area”), I can imagine that one might notice more light, than they would want, if sleeping late – something that we did not get to do on this trip. Now, there were switches all around, and maybe I missed one to open/close some sort of curtain. I kept hitting one, until I discovered that it controlled the under-bed edge lighting.

The bathroom, while not overly large, was more than adequate. Besides that walk-in shower, we had a single sink, with a vanity. That could have been a bit larger, but then there was ample space for my wife’s cosmetics. The bathroom amenities were from L’Occitane, which is a very nice touch. As we are on the road so much, we see a variety of bathroom amenity products, so welcome the higher-end ones.

I had one issue with a burned out lightbulb in the room, a dead battery in the safe, and both were replaced in minutes. Very efficient service from Engineering.

Our bed was comfortable, and we both got a good night’s sleep, after a lovely meal in the fine-dining restaurant, off of the lobby, Avant. The next morning, I had coffee from the Keurig coffee maker in the room, before walking around the property. There was breakfast being served in a buffet, down by the bar. I am not sure if that area is officially part of Avant, or the more casual Veranda? I also walked past a pastry shop, Café Granada, but did not stop in. I also passed a logo/gift shop, but it had not opened yet.

Close to our building, there was a garden courtyard, with a hot tub, and a pool. This was surrounded by well-manicured hedges, as was much of the property. The various plantings were lovely, and the breeze way to the lobby and main building was beautiful. I think that it might double as an “event space,” as well.

I looked into a few nice meeting rooms, and my wife said that the one provided to her group was perfect, as was the food service for that meeting. I did not get to experience that, but as she is meeting somewhere, nearly every day, feel that she knows what she’s talking about.

After packing up, I headed to the Veranda restaurant, for a very nice lunch and wine.

My wife got to join me, after my lunch, for a glass of the Talbot Kali Hart Santa Barbara County Chardonnay, before we had to head to SAN, for a flight to another meeting – our stay was just too short!

Though I had few interactions with the staff, all were very good. Each person was friendly, accommodating, and handled my few requests efficiently.

With the lovely grounds, the nice room, the excellent service, then the dining at both Avant and Veranda, a great stay, albeit one which was just too short. I hope that there will be a “next time,” and then we’ll get to enjoy both Avant and Veranda again, plus visit the spa, and play a round, or two, on what appears to be a beautiful golf course. Heck, I need another visit, just to explore all of the hidden nooks and crannies, around the grounds!

Room Tip: Gardens 233 was very good, with a comfortable bed
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Bryan F, Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear The_Loup_Garou,

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful comments about your recent visit to our resort. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate that you were able to explore many aspects around the property. We look forward to having you back "next time" and hope you will have an opportunity to explore further!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We began our visit with a wonderful chat with the amazing Christina Porterfield who gave us tips about what to do during our stay. She is phenomenal and has such a wealth of knowledge about the Rancho Bernardo Inn. Her tips enhanced our extraordinary experience even more.

We were checked in swiftly and kindly by the front desk. Brooklyn helped us to valet our car, and then he took our bags, and us, to our room in a fun golf car ride. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and there are so many nooks and crannies with whimsical touches. The firepit right outside of our room was lovely, and so was the jacuzzi just steps away from our room. We also walked around the grounds and saw a small wishing well that we thought was adorable.

When we entered our room, Rancho Bernardo Inn went all out. Our bed was covered in rose petals in the shape of a heart with rose petals leading to the bed. We had chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling white wine as well as a mini cake congratulating us on our engagement (it was our anniversary and our engagement celebration), and we enjoyed these treats on the little deck overlooking the spa and some of the golf course on a beautifully maintained grassy hill right outside our room. It was so beautifully peaceful, and this was just the beginning.

We paid a visit to the spa, where we were welcomed by the calm and friendly spa staff who gave us a swift tour throughout all of the facilities. We drank a cocktail by the pool, swam a few laps in the salt water pool, and spent some time in the jacuzzi before heading to our separate rooms to shower. This locker room was INCREDIBLE. As someone who loves spas, I was impressed with how they had thought of everything. The lockers were easy to work with and did not require me to carry around a key. They had shaving razors, spray deodorant, and even a spray inside the spa to boost the calmness of your shower experience. The soaps, conditioner, shampoo, lotions--everything was AMAZING and I felt like I had gone to heaven and back by the time I walked out of the locker room to meet my fiance.

We went back to our room so we could dress up before having the most decadent, delicious, inspiring dinner we've ever had in our lives at Avant. We asked the kitchen to choose for us, and they sent us a 3 course meal paired with a delicious white wine for appetizers and a beautiful red for our entrees and desserts. My fiance had their 45 day aged steak, and it was his turn to be in heaven! The wait staff, the chef, and the hostess were all AMAZING in terms of service. Knowing it was our anniversary and our engagement, they really treated us like a queen and a king, even giving us a card at the end. I wish I had that card with me right now as I write this review so I could shout out everyone who worked on that excellent meal!!!!!!!

We took a leisurely walk back to our room and it was the best night's sleep I've ever had. Skyler and I want to make a staycation there a regular thing. It was such an amazing experience and it is unparalleled. If you want to feel pampered, relaxed, and achieve a sense of calm that seems impossible in our busy, crazy world, go to the Rancho Bernardo Inn. We will be back!

Room Tip: The room we had overlooking the spa had a beautiful outdoor patio/grassy area where we could lounge as if in our own backyard!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Bryan F, Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Carol C,

Thank you for sharing this amazing feedback after your recent visit to celebrate such a special occasion. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and appreciate you recognizing our staff members that were involved with making your stay so memorable. We will be sure to share these comments with them and look forward to having you back again in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently did a 4 day stay as part of a golf tournament and want to share that this is a very lovely property. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. We had a nice balcony overlooking the golf course. The spa is quite good. We ate at each of the restaurants and we were totally satisfied with our meals. Staff is courteous and professional. The only downside is that there are no elevators to guest rooms...but thankfully the bell service was available to get our luggage/golf clubs to and from the car. Special shout-out for Brooklyn, the best bellman, who packed our luggage and golf clubs into our car with the greatest of efficiency and friendliness!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear HerculesGolfer,

Thanks for sharing this feedback after your recent visit. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience and appreciate you recognizing Brooklyn for the service he provided. We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When booking your room remember you will need to walk up three flights of stairs to get to your room, not good for seniors to park a car prices are very high, they should be shame to charge customers 17.00 per day to self park

Room Tip: Seniors make sure you get first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank gcharlesd

Dear gcharlesd,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. Please know, we do have rooms that are situated on walk-in levels or accessible by an elevator and communicate this upon check in. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family recently hosted a double graduation at RBI, and we couldn’t have been more impressed. The patio area was beautifully decorated, and the views around sunset were amazing. The DJ / AV team did a great job with the 90s hip hop tunes as we requested, and the volume was perfect for having conversations.

I usually expect banquet food to be average, but the food was delicious from start to finish - fresh veggies, short rib, salmon, salad, and potatoes, which everyone loved (vegeterian and not!). There wasn’t one dish we didn’t like!

Lastly, the banquet team - Stephanie, Rebecca, Fran, and Juan - were so attentive and friendly the entire time, and I really appreciated that. They did a great job keeping our large family happy and making sure the wine was flowing and the food was moving around the tables.

Thank you for helping us celebrate my cousins’ graduation in style! I recommend the RBI for any special event, 100%.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jenn_Hourani,

Thank you for sharing these comments about the event you held at our resort. We are very happy to hear that the banquet team did a fantastic job and we appreciate you choosing to celebrate such a special occasion at the Inn. Please come back to see us again soon!