All reviews front desk marine base kearny mesa pleasant stay complimentary breakfast would stay again clean rooms pool and hot tub comic con sea world freeway downtown platinum bathtub drawers proximity
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with some colleagues because it was close to where we were working. So although the location was fine for us, it wouldn’t be for folk wanting to explore San Diego. It’s a good thirty minute drive to down town and a little more I guess to the airport. It’s also sitting slap bang next to a 16 lane freeway and the noise from this starts building early in the morning.

Other noise comes from the nearby Miramar Navy base with F16’s flying relentlessly between 11 and 4.

I didn’t eat here (other than breakfast), the main reason being that the menu was pretty limited, however I used the bar which has a happy hour on weekdays between 5 and 7 with most drinks being $1. Beware however because just as you are starting to enjoy the evening you get given a bill and told it shuts at 10pm.

That aside,

I found that the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are at best adequate, with the whole place needing a makeover and the pool area being so close to the freeway isn’t necessarily somewhere you could relax.

Would I stay here again ? Probably not. Think I would rather be closer to the city and put up with the extra drive time.

As mentioned the location isn’t great and to find restaurants etc outside the hotel you really need to drive.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 615derekg
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hello Derek G,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs and that you found our staff commendable. However, it is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the noise challenges, the general condition of the hotel and the breakfast selection. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times, every time is a pleasant stay at this clean and well maintained property. My last stay was a year ago and Isabella at the front desk remembered me by name as I approached to check in. Either I have been a horrible guest in the past or these guys are really on their game!
I genuinely enjoy staying here and its location is perfect for a quick run into downtown San Diego. The pool and hot tub are outside and the weather here allows you to enjoy the afternoon sun poolside often. The fitness room has 2 recumbent bikes and 2 treadmills and is a great place to workout on those rare days when the weather does not allow a run.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

There is nothing not to like about this hotel as the front desk to any onsite employees always greet you with a smile. Free bottle of water and I am being upgraded to pool view room because I am Elite Platinum but was looking for suite upgrade, guess it is the peak season, Labor Day long w.e.The room is nicely decorated and the bathroom amenities and the ambiance are very good. Plenty of towels both bath and hand towels stacked in the drawer. I always like the towels being placed separately from the actual shower area. Many hotels like to put a towel rack inside the bath tub toward the end which I feel water might splashed onto the towels when one takes shower. Breakfast is $7.95 per adult and kids eat free and this is wonderful. Spread of breakfast do match the price charged and foods are presented in a very appetizing way. I am not sure why the juice jug do not have OJ and OJ is served by the server? This is not very convenience as I need to flag the waitstaff to refill all the time. Please replace your water jug with OJ along with the apple and cranberry juice jugs. They have to go box if you feel you need to pack your breakfast to go. You also can refill water at the side where there is a water dispensing machine. Save you money from getting bottled water. The onlyy few gripes that I have:
(1) The texture of the ceiling that looks like popcorn ceiling and I am sure it is not but am not understanding why the hotel not spending money to reconstruct the ceiling and have it smooth out.
(2) Please package in the complimentary breakfast for Elite Platinum Member. When I went to Crowne Plaza, I received 2 free adult vouchers but not in this Holiday Inn.
(3) Need to practice patience with the elevator and I am glad that I am put on 2nd floor and not any higher so that I can climb the stairs if my patience thin out waiting for the elevator. Luckily, the few times that I used the elevator, there are not many waiting to get in.
(4) Breakfast items: may we have 2 meats? Ham and Sausage? I do not like ham and so, I find it is not filling though I like your scrambled egg even though it is powdered egg but did not get watered down too much and so, still maintain the tastiness. Also, may we ask for DIY waffles and I know there is no place to do it but you can make a space in the area where you have the water dispensing machine to set up a DIY waffles station.
Overall, it is a pleasant stay and highly recommend this hotel if I ever need to visit San Diego.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Nice and well kept hotel, everything was actually better than expected. The rooms have a quite normal size, spacious bathrooms. The beds and carpets are very fresh.

The staff in the reception are very friendly and helpful. This hotel can definitely be recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Searched for a place to stay at the last minute and found this wonderful hotel 8335 Kearny Mesa Road -San Diego Miramar. Called spoke to the manager Dee, he was awesome! He managed to find us a room and give us a excellent rate, and provided us info on touring San Diego. Entire staff was first rate! Property is clean fresh and not to far from the downtown-would highly recommend this hotel!! Thanks Dee for all your suggestions on touring San Diego !!

Date of stay: July 2017