All reviews brand spanking new studio suite full size fridge newer hotel sized room small kitchen couple of nights bottled water parking garage king bed front desk staff stayed here great location valet towels beds tv
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

The staff is great. The location is great as well just didn’t give them 5 stars as the $35 parking is too much and the noise in the room that was all night didn’t let us sleep we thought it was the air conditioner but no it was a noise from the outside. Rooms are well equipped except without Bottled Water. Beds are good and no block out curtains. Maybe give it a second opportunity next time in town.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2018

Whilst i primarily stay with Marriott Hotels and Resorts, this is my first time with their TownePlace brand.

Upon arriving we found a brand spanking new hotel and were greeted warmly. The interior of the hotel is fresh and modern. You can tell the hotel is very new.

Arriving to our room we found a moderately sized room with everything one could want during a vacation trip. Complete with king bed, sofa, large tv (with access to all the major streaming services), small kitchen area (with everything you need) and a decent sized bathroom.

The room initially looked clean, but that was short lived! Housekeeping fell short during my stay. The glasswear provided in the kitchen area was dirty - clearly not cleaned after the last guest. Upon returning to our room on our second day it had not been refreshed (it was 3.30pm) and to add salt to that wound a note was shoved under the door to say there would be a limited, on request only service on New Years Eve. Whilst I’m one to make my own bed and re-use towels in hotels, i do expect items that I’ve used to be replaced daily - after all its included in the price.

There is also limited insulation between rooms this was clear by being woken at 5am by some inconsiderate person that found it acceptable to get on a conference call in the room next door.

Overall its an average hotel and easy walking distance to the best that San Diego has to offer. Would i stay here again or with this brand again? The jury is out as to whether i give them a second chance or not.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank crumycat
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

I got in late and left early. But, it was nice in between. Good room with a king bed and full kitchen. I didn't cook. But I did go to the bar... The free morning breakfast had just about everything that you might seek on a breakfast buffet. In all, I would consider it worth a return visit.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D972BZdavidm
Reviewed 11 December 2018

This is a new hotel so beds and rooms are nice and staff is friendly. Parking is expensive but location is convenient to airport, restaurants and tourist attractions. Continental breakfast is ok, not a lot of variety. My biggest complaint is lack of hot water. Our last morning there I actually timed how long it took water to get warm and it was 13 minutes, it never did get hot.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2018

I stayed for 6 days at this hotel after switching from another at Hotel Circle with constant car break-ins. This place was a welcome respite - it was quiet, the staff are so friendly and polite, and the rooms are amazing!

My room had two beds, a small fully-stocked kitchenette with a sink, stove, oven, microwave, full-sized fridge and dis washer. It had all the dishes I'd need to eat and cook as well as cute little detergent and dishwasher tabs.

The bathroom and all fixtures are updated. It had a smart tv so you could simply log into your Netflix or Hulu or HBO account without having to plug or unplug anything and it had USB plugs and plenty of charging already by the bed. I loved it.

Parking was valet only for $39 a night but for the location and 5 second commute to the interstate it was worth it.

Breakfast included every morning and complementary drinks (coffee/tea) all day in the lobby.

Date of stay: October 2018