Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
FindHotelUS$90
PricelineUS$90
eDreamsUS$90
TravelocityUS$90
All reviews late night check housekeeping does front desk place to sleep mission valley nice room a wonderful stay room service esmeralda amenity property elevator corridor tv
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Clean room but the Clorox smell almost knocked us out for over an hour. If you want a king bed and you're travelling with a pet, you're SOL. The only rooms that are pet-friendly (which we found out AFTER we had made the reservation) are queen - way too small for my 6'2" husband. On top of the bed being too short, it was very hard. If you just need someplace to crash for one night that's convenient and in a safe location - then this might fit the bill. Felt very much like a low budget motel. I expected a little more.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

If you call the number for this place, the ID is an old Motel 6 #. They took over & renamed it but did nothing to update it. I've stayed at a Motel 6 or Days Inn that had better amenities. The floors never get mopped & sticky. I was wearing white socks & only walked from bathroom to bed & they got dirty. They give you the cheaper possible products: stinky soap, see through toilet paper, 1 each of face & hand towel, 2 small bath towels for TWO (2) people! There's no closet just a rack screwed to the wall with a few hangers & the night stand is your only drawer w/ a cubby for your belongings. The bed is hard as a rock, lopsided, & you can feel the springs. For someone with with sciatica & bad back, this sucks. So, a week of living in pain & out of a suitcase. I was supposed to telework but the wifi is OPEN to everyone & is slow. So, no way to do secure work unless you bring your own hot spot w/higher data plan. There's only one garbage can with no liner to throw away garbage & your feminine products go in the same garbage. Too bad no microwave to warm up any food or leftovers. They say no smoking but so far I see people in the walkway or lot smoking, which is better than in the room. Most people are used to going outside to smoke. The people at front desk were nice, especially Eric.

Room tip: You get what you pay for. There are better places with low prices or slightly higher prices, but better accommodations.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pnyangel
Reviewed 19 June 2021

Erick helped us check in fast and easy. Was very friendly and answered all my questions . He made my stay here very comfortable and nice I was very happy with my overall service! I will definitely be coming here again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

Our stay at the Riverleaf Inn Mission Valley was such a bad experience. Only one set of towels in the room was just the beginning. There were two very noticeable burns on the comforter in this NO SMOKING room. When I removed the comforter, there was the most disgusting stain on the other side. The maid had obviously placed a dirty burned comforter on the bed. The front desk was notified and we were provided blankets in place of the comforter. The front desk attendant advised there would be no charge for the room. Upon checking out the next day the current attendant on duty indicated the best he could do was a 20% discount. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R5197KCcarolb
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We booked via HotelTonight. Would have booked directly but it was $20 more expensive that way. Arrived early around noon and did not expect room to be ready and it was not. Left phone number and info to be called when a room became available. Did not receive a call but a room was ready when we checked back close to 3pm. The front desk agent was informative about where we should park and find the elevator.

With the pandemic, the lobby was not open so check-in was via a window in the front and all room access was from the back. The elevator could use some cleaning / help. All rooms are accessed via an exterior corridor. The first room we got looked pretty good except for the bathtub faucet was leaking. We went back down and was able to get a new room right away. The new room was shower only and looked fine but the duvet looked like it needed to be cleaned. (I used to work in hotels - so it wasn't extremely surprising to me that the duvet wasn't super clean but it was visibly so).

Overall, my interaction with the staff was good and they were responsive to my questions and requests. I did not have to wait long on the phone to get a hold of guest service for example. The hotel could improve on the public area cleanliness (limited as the public area is) and attention to detail in room cleanliness (there was a tissue stuck in the peep hole, a big stain on the lamp shade, stains on the duvet).

Would I stay here again? In a pinch, sure but not my first choice.

Date of stay: April 2021