3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$143
PricelineUS$143
Hotels.comUS$143
FindHotelUS$143
eDreamsUS$143
TripadvisorUS$143
All reviews late night check housekeeping does front desk place to sleep mission valley nice room a wonderful stay room service esmeralda amenity property elevator corridor tv
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

Our stay at the Riverleaf Inn Mission Valley was such a bad experience. Only one set of towels in the room was just the beginning. There were two very noticeable burns on the comforter in this NO SMOKING room. When I removed the comforter, there was the most disgusting stain on the other side. The maid had obviously placed a dirty burned comforter on the bed. The front desk was notified and we were provided blankets in place of the comforter. The front desk attendant advised there would be no charge for the room. Upon checking out the next day the current attendant on duty indicated the best he could do was a 20% discount. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R5197KCcarolb
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We booked via HotelTonight. Would have booked directly but it was $20 more expensive that way. Arrived early around noon and did not expect room to be ready and it was not. Left phone number and info to be called when a room became available. Did not receive a call but a room was ready when we checked back close to 3pm. The front desk agent was informative about where we should park and find the elevator.

With the pandemic, the lobby was not open so check-in was via a window in the front and all room access was from the back. The elevator could use some cleaning / help. All rooms are accessed via an exterior corridor. The first room we got looked pretty good except for the bathtub faucet was leaking. We went back down and was able to get a new room right away. The new room was shower only and looked fine but the duvet looked like it needed to be cleaned. (I used to work in hotels - so it wasn't extremely surprising to me that the duvet wasn't super clean but it was visibly so).

Overall, my interaction with the staff was good and they were responsive to my questions and requests. I did not have to wait long on the phone to get a hold of guest service for example. The hotel could improve on the public area cleanliness (limited as the public area is) and attention to detail in room cleanliness (there was a tissue stuck in the peep hole, a big stain on the lamp shade, stains on the duvet).

Would I stay here again? In a pinch, sure but not my first choice.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Do not get misled by the photos. Just don't go here.

I have never slept so poorly in my entire life. Even after having a baby last year.

The bed is the most uncomfortable, loud and cheapest thing I have ever laid on. You can feel the springs dig into your back. Was tempted to go sleep in our car. Woke up feeling the worst back pain I have ever felt.

The elevator feels unsafe and very small. Stains and cigarette marks on the sheets. No actual full size towels just hand towels. The toilet paper is literally the cheapest you could possibly get. Bathtub is so badly stained it's disgusting. No plug stopper provided so you can't even take a bath if you wanted to. The shower goes from hot to cold without any notice, has poor water pressure because half of it comes out of the bathtub faucet instead. WiFi is a joke, don't even try to connect, I can assure you your phone's data is faster than the garbage they provide. Walls are paper thin you can hear everything. Avoid this place at all costs.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

was extremely disgusted when I arrived in this room! There was gum on the floor! Blankets were so dirty with a type of liquid! And heater did not work! I HAD NO TIME TO TAKE ANY PICS BECAUSE I GOT OUT OF THIS ROOM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND WENT AND STAYED AT HOTEL INDIGO

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sammjimm95
Reviewed 6 January 2021

Dirty COVID mask in my room on the ironing board when I arrived! Unacceptable! HEALTH HAZARD! I have reached out to hotel management with no response! This place needs to be shut down! If you are high risk please do not stay at this hotel!

Date of stay: January 2021