Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
US$108
Trip.com
US$104
Comfort InnUS$108
Hotels.comUS$108
travelup.comUS$134
All reviews great location street noise gaslamp quarter room was a bit small within walking distance parking nightlife cvs trolley
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Fun hotel just blocks from the nightlife of San Diego's Gaslamp District. You can walk out the front door and dine, dance, watch current release movies, go shopping, etc. The room was small but comfortable. A real treat was to get complimentary packages of cookies and flavored water. Parking was convenient right behind the building. The complimentary breakfast was great. All around great trip.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 331cathleend
Reviewed 31 December 2019

Overall, this was a positive experience with a lovely room that was very compact and had little room to move. Great location for a short stay in central downtown area! Surrounding neighborhood struggling with homeless population, but quite walkable and convenient access to amenities. Housekeeping service was excellent and front desk staff mostly professional. Lots of street noise and partying late into the night. Biggest concern was the fire door on the 4th floor of this very compact hotel that was left propped open by hotel staff every day and night of my one-week stay despite legal requirements to keep it closed for safety of guests. Breakfast room extremely small for the large cattle call of guests trying to get in, started late for working guests, monotonous menu with no daily variations.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sndj2013
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

It was in the heart of Gaslamp San Diego, CA. The were really small but really clean. The bad thing, it was on 1st floor with your view of the wall surrounding the hotel. Breakfast place was so crowded and you don’t have any where to sit. We have to go back to our room to eat there.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cyrilpmontana
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Nice location in San Diego - walking distance to a lot of restaurants and bars. Rooms are OK with a bed, small desk, and kitchennette with a sink.
I got a room facing west, and that was very noisy due to A/C on top of adjoining building - the noise woke me up several times.
Generally I was happy staying at the hotel. But upon checking out, which was app. 3AM since I had to catch an early flight, I had a bad experience. I had not received the receipt in the room, which I normally do during the night, so I asked for it at the reception. The deskofficer refused to give me one. He said he could not give me one, since he had not updated the system. And he refused to update the system, due to the fact that another guest had not showed up. He offered to mail it to me in the morning, but I always want a receipt with me when leavring a hotel, sine not all hotels remember to mail the receipt. He did not care. We talked forth and back for about 10 minutes total, at which time he became rude, and I had to leave. A very unpleasant experience.
I still have not received the receipt.
I had stayed at the hotel a few days earlier, and would have stayed there again - but not after this experience. It is the last time I stay there.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2019

This is the worst Comfort Inn that I have ever stayed in! I requested a room with a sofa, so I could place my suitcase there, as well as somewhere to watch TV! The room was very small, without the sofa, also I was shocked to see that there was no basin in the bathroom, but one next to the bed, along with a basin,coffee maker, and microwave! There was one small luggage holder, which was not large enough to hold my suitcase once opened, and not even large enough to hold my carry on bag, once opened! I had to share my bed with my large suitcase, and place the smaller one on top of a desk that was provided! There was a chair in the corner which would have been provided to watch the TV, but as the room was so small, there was no way of placing it in order to watch the TV! The breakfast which was provided was OK, and also there was coffee and lemon water provided in the reception area! I have stayed at many Choice Hotels all over, and this one was not perfect!

Date of stay: September 2019