“Excellent South Indian/Indo-Chinese food overall”

Annapurna Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1 454 of 5 561 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We came here twice during our visit to San Diego for dinner, and it is about 8-10 miles from the hotel we stayed in Rancho Bernardo. Food here is excellent, especially the curd rice, tamarind rice, and dosa. The curd rice, unlike other Indian restaurants I have been to was great quality and did not have nuts or daal pieces, similar to how I eat curd rice at home. I think it was personally great because I could feel more of the smooth yogurt and rice texture and not the hard daal texture. Indo-Chinese such as manchurian and fried rice were great, but the manchurian was way too spicy for my liking, and it would have been nice if they give options regarding spiciness (Low, Medium, High). Staff were friendly and receptive to our needs.

I definitely recommend anyone to come here when visiting San Diego.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Fabulous catering service. For our event We had ordered dosas & vadas with sambar & chutney! Just mouthwatering & we loved the freshness!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2016

San Diego was really not the place I expected authentic Indian cuisine, but I chanced upon Annapoorna and was not disappointed at all. We tried the typical South Indian meals for dinner like Dosa, Vada and Filter Coffee. I really loved the Masala Dosa and found it absolutely authentic and similar to what you would fine in mainland India too. Did not get a chance to try out other meals and the highly recommended lunch buffet - but trust they would all be good too.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank adityarrao
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I came here for lunch with some co-workers and enjoyed the lunch buffet. The spread of different dishes was perfectly laid out and each dish had a special 'pop' to it's flavor, which was unexpected from a buffet spread. We will definitely come back here again soon for team lunches!

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank 259breeb
Reviewed 7 January 2016

I came to know the value of indian cuisine in USA.My brother used to tell me about annapurna cuisine,,very much satisfied

Date of visit: January 2016