Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$136
US$132
The Horton Grand Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$304
US$175
  • Restaurant
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$369
US$346
Official Site
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$362
  • Pool
Urban Boutique Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$491
US$371
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$720
US$690
  • Beachfront
All reviewswarm cookieswood ranch bbqfloor numberbreakfast buffet iscleaning staffperfect locationnice staynice hoteleasy accesswithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againenjoyed our stayper dayconvention centerold towntrolleyelevator
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I needed to stay in the Mission Valley area.  As a Hilton Honours member, I decided on this hotel.  However, as the date approached and I saw some poor reviews on Trip Advisor, I considered switching to the Handlery hotel.  I called the hotel to express my concern about the reviews.  The front desk clerk explained there had been a leak on the roof and the upper two floors had been affected by smell.  He told me it was fixed and they would have the staff pre-check my room for issues.  Sounded good to me so kept my reservation. Thank you Stephen.

Uber from airport was about $25.  Check in was smooth and the hotel inside and out looked very clean and inviting.  The cookies on check-in were a nice touch.  Hotel location was super, right off the highway - we used Uber to get around.  Walking, we made use of the attached plaza for Starbucks, the movie theatre and the BBQ restaurant next door. Felt safe in that plaza at night.

Our room was very clean (full marks to cleaning staff).  The room was spacious as was the bathroom.  There was an in-room safe but no mini-fridge in case you want to bring back leftovers.  I often find that hotel rooms are dim with insufficient lighting - not in this case.

There was one day of elevator problems when two of their three elevators were not working.  This happened on a Sunday and lasted until Monday as they couldn't get a repair person out on the weekend to fix them.  Annoying but minor, temporary inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.  Their elevators are very large and modern.

Only other hiccup I experienced was with buying vouchers for the full breakfast upon check in.  When we went to use them at the restaurant, we were told (kind of rudely frankly) that the vouchers excluded made to order omlettes - which the sign at the front of the restaurant clearly indicated were included in the "full breakfast" - which was also my understanding when I purchased them.

Not happy, I spoke afterwards with the front desk and got some resistance from the same employee who sold me the vouchers so I asked for my issue to be escalated.  Later, I was told that they investigated and realized there was an internal inconsistency that needed to be fixed. Apparently, selling discounted vouchers was a new initiative on the part of the hotel and restaurant, so the issue I encountered was , unexpected bug.  As such, the charge was taken off my account.  Thank you Kevin. Hopefully they resolve this situation soon - be sure to clarify what's included if you buy the 2 for $30 full breakfast vouchers.

I will be back in San Diego several more times in the coming months.  Based on this experience, this hotel has earned my repeat business and I'll look forward to my next visit in August.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is in a great location. Is right off the freeway it is close to 2 malls. Plenty of restaurants in dining nearby along with convenient stores . Walking distance to a movie theater and great barbecue restaurant. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had read the bad reviews prior to my visit but my company booked the hotel so I didnt have a choice and hoped for the best. Well it figurs because I just got out of shin deep backwash in the shower due to bad drains....as well as the AC wont cool not to mention the stinch of cigars and cigarettes in this non smoking hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Kaitlyn W, Hotel Representative at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are very sorry for the disappointing experience at our hotel. The condition of your guest room described is unacceptable and we understand your frustrations. This certainly is not typical of our hotel, and we will address the shower and AC issues with our maintenance team. Your feedback will help us improve and we apologize again for the inconveniences. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, we do hope that you will be our guest again so that we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The mattress is to old and the internet connection was very bad also the room was not very clean.
I found a black hair in my salad. It was terrible.
I recommend you not visit this dirty & old hotel. It looks like a 1/2 star motel.
June 04-June 08 2018. Gisela Henry. Denver, Colorado.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience and assure you that we strive to provide an exceptional experience to every guest. We understand you had several concerns, leading to a less than ideal visit for you. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel are very important to us. Furthermore, we understand you were not satisfied with the mattress, internet connection and food. Please accept our deepest apologies. You deserve only the best service when staying with Hilton. Additionally, we are addressing these issues with our team and we will take appropriate action. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. Should you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fraudulent charges? Check.

I stayed three nights. Upon check in the front desk was informed I would be leaving a day earlier. That's 72 hours notice. They slipped an early checkout fee (more like another charge for an additional night) on my credit card after I left instead of on my receipt upon checkout. There should be no delay in this. Early checkout is an early checkout. Should have tried to charge me on the spot. The fact that it was slipped in behind my back says it all. Fraudulent at best. They also double-charged me for parking. Hilton proper claims to be issuing a refund but has so far failed to address the real problem. Why they are okay with losing a loyal member for the last six years who has brought them so much business is beyond me. Over $180? Well, I sent them my warnings and they failed miserably so I'm no longer a loyal member of the Hilton club. $180?!?! By the way, that's taxpayer dollars. This was a business trip. Not on my dime. And they think they can steal from you. So I've officially disputed the charge and will take this as high as it needs to go. If only they had been honorable from the start.

Goodbye, Hilton.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and our team is currently investigating this particular issue. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We have shared your comments with the appropriate team members and encourage you to contact hotel directly with questions or comments. Thank you.