“Awesome view and it was my 1st time at a Claim Jumpers”

Claim Jumper Restaurants
Ranked #400 of 5 192 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I had the Widow-Maker Burger and my friend who hasn't been to a Claim Jumpers in a while had the half rack of ribs. Our server was friendly, helpful, and pleasant with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We've eaten breakfast and lunch/early dinner there many times. The menu is varied and the food is quite good. It's located right at the Wyndham Bayside hotel making it quite convenient. Definitely worth going there!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Claim Jumper food quality has gone downhill over the years. Their prices have not.
We were seated immediately, but it took a while for a server to come and take our drink orders. Service was okay.
Food was acceptable, but fell short of expectations. Not worth the price tag at the end.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Tri Tip was very chewy. Ordered it medium rare. Staff told me I should have ordered it medium and it wouldn't be as chewy... What?! I've cooked tri tip and it was never chewy - Told them they should go with another vendor. My wifes food was excellent and they removed the charges for my tri tip since I did not eat it.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We ate at Claim Jumper while walking along the waterfront in San Diego. If you are near the Midway, walk towards the airport along the water and you will see it on the right hand side in front of the hotels.

Claim Jumper offers both indoor and outdoor seating -- either way just make sure you can see the tall ship and the water from your seat, and the meal is really enjoyable. I had the Tri Tip Dinner -- slices of beef which I paired with a baked potato and grilled vegetables. It was cooked perfectly, and was delicious. They also provided us with a loaf of white bread topped with cheese.

Meals are a little pricey at dinnertime in the city, so the price of $ 19.99 was very reasonable. The service was good, and the selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees immense. We saw one piece of their chocolate cake served . . it could have fed a family of four ! Check out the sample piece near the hostess station before ordering unless you are bringing an army to help you eat it. A nice touch was the basket of root beer barrel hard candies to take after the meal. It was a pleasant departure from mints.

Don't forget to ask for your AARP 10 % discount !