Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (6 257)
6 257 results
2 755
2 071
2 755
2 071
All reviews convention center petco park gaslamp district pedestrian bridge vela restaurant coronado bridge the gas lamp district corner room bay front self parking beautiful hotel breakfast buffet high floor easy access uss midway restaurants and bars starbucks
Selected filters
26 - 31 of 6 257 reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2021

Stayed for a business trip. Great hotel, service and location! Highly recommended to anyone visiting the area. The staff at the bar was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food, drinks and area.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SANCC MOD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Hi Bander31,

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay for business, and hope that you will join us the next time you plan some leisure travel. I will share your positive feedback with our food and beverage team, and thank them for providing you with great hospitality as well.

Reviewed 8 May 2021

Not at all what we expected. Paid additional for Bridgeview - View of bridge overlooking cargo yard of semi truck trailers. Carpet was dirty. Only two paper cups provided, no glass or plastic cups. No housekeeping due to covid unless you scheduled but we weren't told this at check in. I will say all staff was polite & pleasant.

Date of stay: May 2021

Hi Cjlowry22,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our team was polite and pleasant throughout your stay. We aim to be as transparent as possible throughout the booking process about which amenities are currently available, so I sincerely apologize if you were not aware of our updated policies. I hope that in the future you allow us the opportunity to host you again, so that we can make it right.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

Stayed at the Hilton Bayfront for 6 nights in April 2021. Location is great, right across from Petco Park and right on the waterfront. We got in on a Weds afternoon, and lobby was pretty empty. But on Friday afternoon the place was packed, maybe because of a ball game going on. The coffee shop in the lobby area is pretty good, a little pricy, but they give you a 15 dollar daily food allowance. The bill at the end of our visit has a lot of hidden fees they don't tell you about..like transient tax (who knows what that is) Ca tourism fee, resort fee 35 a nite, and finally parking 40 bucs a night....oh, also hotel tax fee. So if your thinking your paying 135 a night, its more like 235 a night.. maybe an Airbnb next time will be cheaper.

2  Thank sanjosejohn
SANCC MOD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2021

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us this April. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's location and amenities. We aim to be as transparent as possible throughout the booking process about additional fees, and I sincerely apologize if this came as a surprise to you. Our Destination Charge and Parking totals are commensurate with other hotels in the area. I hope that we get the opportunity to host you again the next time you travel to San Diego.

Reviewed 1 May 2021

They add on soo many fees! I would have stayed some where else if I knew my bill would be over $100 in extra fees!! Absolutely ridiculous! Also there are no microwaves for guests to use AT ALL.. there was no way I could heat up my child’s food on our trip..

Hi Lexiturner 23,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed our hotel's location along the San Diego waterfront, and that our hotel team greeted you with the hospitality Hilton is known for. We aim to be as transparent as possible throughout the booking process about additional fees, and I sincerely apologize if this came as a surprise to you. Thank you for your note about the microwaves, I will be discussing with my team to see if we can have some available to our guests who request them. I hope the next time you visit San Diego, you allow us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2021

we stayed for 4 nights and every night I was cursing Priceline for allowing me to book this hotel. first of all they took the microwave out of the rooms to put in a useless wine fridge? The restaurant in the hotel charges 5 star price for 2 star food we are talking 22 dollars for a basic hamburger. you want cheese that's a dollar, you want bacon 2 dollars. Maybe you just want to relax by the pool and have a beer that's 20 dollars for a beer. A bloody Mary that cost 14.50 to have delivered to your room cost 17 to have with dinner. WIFI is 13 Dollars a day? Every time I asked the front for something they had a reason on why they could not accommodate. My son left his sandals in the pool area after the pool closed instead of saying no big deal we will open the door for you they told my wife to fill out a lost and found ticket and that they would return them. It was not until she got angry that they called security to open the gate so she could get them. They charge an additional 35 a day resort fee yet have minimum hours that the pool are open and essentially there is nothing else to utilize as it is all closed up. This also popped up as beach front, this is 15 minutes to the beach by car. We were told we got a view with our room, the only view we had was of the Dole yard unless you walked over to the window and pressed your face to the glass you were just staring at a concreate yard with shipping containers. we were also not told you had to book house keeping so by the time we came back it was too late for service. I asked to at least have the trash picked up as there are no trash cans anywhere on the floor we were on and to have towels dropped off, the lady said she would have that done. We went to dinner and came back to find all the wet towels still on the floor, new towels were left on the bed and the bag of trash we had was ripped and left behind?? Next time we are in San Diego we will just stay at a motel 6 at least you will get what you pay for there!

Room tip: Go Elsewhere!!!
Date of stay: April 2021
SANCC MOD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2021

Hi Rrayner1,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with me. I value your feedback because it allows me to work with our team to enhance the guest experience and satisfaction going forward. I sincerely apologize for the way that the situation with your son's sandals was handled, and that your room was not attended to after you requested it. I will be speaking with our recreation and security teams so that in the future, we do not cause an inconvenience like this again. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further with you to see what we can do to possibly make it right. Please send me an email at SANCC-Front_Office_Managers@hilton.com so that I may follow up with you.