All reviews convention center walking distance nice hotel main street downtown area place to stay location is great hotel is located staff was friendly a great stay parking lot front desk staff elvis birthplace hot tub next morning clean rooms free breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2018

everything was wonderful. Rooms were great. All staff were very friendly .Answered questions without being rude although they were very busy. breakfast was ok. meeting rooms were excellent. would definitely recommend staying there

Stayed: February 2018
Danielle D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide detailed feedback for our staff! We hope to welcome you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I checked in later in the evening to the hotel and wasn’t sure the lobby restaurant would be open so I grabbed carry out from Mugshots across the street. I sat at a table in the hotel seating area and ordered a beverage from the bar. I noticed the gentleman in the kitchen keep giving me the stink eye because I had my own food ~ mind you I told the lady when I sat down I was afraid they wouldn’t be serving food this late; she didn’t have a problem but clearly the cook did. Later after I ordered a second drink I heard the young man waiter say to him “she ordered a drink” seriously, the cook is still complaining because I had my own food. The lady next to me ordered one drink and no food, but apparently that’s ok. So after ordering double the drinks of the only other patron on the premises, I went to get my check and the young man working informed me the cook was upset that I had my own food. I again stated that I was afraid they wouldn’t be serving this late and had no plans to go back out ~ after a 10 hour trip here. I offered my apologies and moved on.

This obnoxious man in the kitchen pretty well set the stage for the entire stay. I had planned to eat breakfast there the next day ~ plan changed thanks to him. I noticed black mold in the shower which I could have overlooked for one night ~ plan changed and decided to share because of him, the week prior I overlooked that when I checked in none of my lamps had light bulbs in them and I went to the desk and then replaced them myself ~ decided to share after Mr Obnoxious in the kitchen.

Was I wrong to sit in the open hotel lobby dining area to eat my food, even as a paying customer for drinks purchasing more than the one other patron in there? I would have thought well at least she bought drinks, at least she is staying in our hotel for $200/night, hopefully she will eat breakfast here.....but instead he chose to be obnoxious and display his incredible lack of customer service skills thereby making the entire Stay one that I will not repeat. Note to self ~ stays like this are why I became a Marriott loyalist.

As a side note, the AC units are the most obnoxiously loud units I’ve ever heard.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Danielle D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel feedback from your recent stay. We will be happy to discuss these issues with you personally and resolve them on our end. Please give us a call and ask to speak with our General Manager so that we can provide our sincere apologies and redeem the level of service we provide within our Hilton brand. .

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I was a bit iffy to stay here due to some reviews. I was very satisfied, as this place is fantastic! The staff was all super friendly and helpful, especially the housekeeper. All the staff would greet us and make sure we did not need anything when you would walk by. If you have an event to attend at Bancorp South Area, I highly suggest staying here, as it is literally RIGHT behind the hotel. Our room was super clean, as I am usually grossed out with most hotels, as they never feel clean. This hotel actually had a clean feeling and I loved it. HIGHLY recommend.
The hotel does have an indoor pool & hot tub, small restaurant and bar.
As other reviews stated, beware of the train that passes nearby, it woke me up around 3AM Saturday morning.

Room Tip: Room 140 was nice (2 queen)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Danielle D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed the concert and are thankful that you chose to be our guest.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little dated and not the cleanest. Looked like walls hadn’t been wiped down in awhile and stuff had been spilled on them in a couple of places.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Danielle D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for choosing to be our guest while in Tupelo. We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback so that we can improve to be our best.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Not the hotel fault but train whistles all night and thru early morning. They don’t just whistle, they blast continuously. It’s also obvious that they are purposely doing it. Especially at 3 am. No need for it at all. Better pack ear plugs and sleep aid.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Danielle D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us while in downtown Tupelo. We apologize for any negative experience you had.