Candlewood Suites Tupelo North
Clarion Inn(Tupelo)
Comfort Inn(Tupelo)
Quality Inn(Tupelo)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenstove toplending lockerstayed hereseparate bedroomfront deskthe entire staffour room was spacioushome away from homenight clerkthe hotel is cleanwonderful hotelroom servicestaff was friendlya great staynatchez tracekitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2018

i had a house fire at my home rite before christmas and its now middle of february and I've been at the candlewood long enough to call it my home away from home witch is how the staff has made me feel. i have been treated like family with the utmost kindness and respect even when i shouldn't have been. the staff is filled with good people who know how to put a smile on your face every time you see them in passing or they are helping with anything needed at the time... very very nice rooms and awesome mattresses with luxury bed linens from the sheets to the comforter all the way to the pillows... and they have a fitness center with multiple cardio options as well as machines and free weights... and another perk which was a super big deal for me and saved me lots of money was the FREE thats right FREE laundry room with 3 wASHING MACHINES AND 4 DRYERS!!!! oh and did i mention it was FREE??? i am hoping to be here until my house is finished some time around the end of april and i can't wait to get to be back at home for sure but its one of those things like if it is not ready on schedule and i have to extend my stay longer i won't be stressed or frustrated in the least bit cause this place is the closest 2nd to being at home of anywhere i have ever stayed or visited.... thanks guys for making my disaster become not so bad after all.. i am truly thankful for having the opportunity to stay in such an awesome place!!!!!

Room Tip: corner rooms on the east side have a view of glosser and mccoulough blvd and the west side is parkingl0t and wooded area
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Chad J
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I called IHG and booked 2 rooms that were connected- one for my husband and myself and one for my 3 kids. We arrived to find that this hotel has zero adjoining rooms. I have no idea why reservations would book us here, except that Josie in Guest Relations said that this property shows that it has adjoining rooms when it does not. We were given rooms across the hall diagonally on the 3rd floor. 325 and 326. My kids immediately noticed a disgusting odor in their room, mildew or spoiled milk. The refrigerator was making loud banging noises and the tv wouldn't work. I called the front desk, he said he would come up and check. We waited 30 minutes and then called IHG Customer relations. Josie assured me that she would handle everything and told me to take my family to dinner and enjoy our meal. We arrived back at the property to find that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING had been done to resolve our issue. The front desk clerk told me that he went up and there was no odor and no noise. As we were going up to our rooms, a party who booked 5 rooms walked in and were told that only 2 rooms were available and their rooms had been given away. They explained that they came to check in at 12:30 and were told their rooms weren't ready. Now they have to find new accommodations at 9:30pm in the freezing cold. I would NEVER stay here again, and highly doubt I would EVER stay at an IHG property again. I still have not heard back from Josie or Ted in customer relations, case #10430399101

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
CWTupelo, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tupelo North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Colby M,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were disappointed to read about the issues you encountered and hope you will accept our apologies for failing to deliver the exceptional stay you expected. On a property level, we try our best to fulfill every request. Unfortunately, being extended stay we were not able to provide adjoining rooms but tried our best to get you as close as possible. The 5 guest that you are referring to all checked in and had a wonderful stay! Please know your feedback is taken seriously, and we hope you will stay with us again for a much-improved experience.

P. Holliday

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I resided here from Aug 2017 to Dec 2017 (3months and 3weeks to be exact). The room was clean and the staff was nice. Weekly cleaning was adequate. Anything I needed, they had it. The lending locker was a great bonus.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Cassie H,

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites, Tupelo. We are pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Thanks, as well, for sharing your comments about our clean rooms and the wonderful service from our staff. Everything we do is aimed at making our guests feel right at home. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tupelo!

Porsha Holliday

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I made an online reservation for a suite at Candlewood Suites in Tupelo. The online price was quoted as $104.00. So far I have 3 charges made to my credit card for $138.62 , $25.00 and $88.62 by IHG corp , the company that manages Candlewood. That amounts to $252.24 for a room that was quoted online as available for $104.00.

I talked to 2 different people at the front desk who said that my card was being charged in case i didn't show up. The $25.00 charge and the $88.62 charge were both made to my card after i had checked in. The $25.00 was for incidentals and I have no idea what the $88.62 was for.

when i checked out , my receipt showed nothing except that i had stayed overnight at the hotel . no charges. when i asked about this , i was told i should talk to the online service i used to make reservations. good luck for me if i needed to get reimbursed by my company.

i am in the process of contacting my credit card company to report fradulent transactons if i have excess charges above $104.00 to my credit card (not excluding taxes and fees). It is simply false and deceptive advertising to advertise a room for $104.00 and be charged who knows what. I still have no idea of what my final bill will be.

There is no excuse for even putting a pending charge on my credit card of over $250.00 when a hotel room is advertised for $104.00.

in addition to all this, you can't close the drapes in the room, so it never gets dark. the sheets and bedspread don't fully cover you up (you feel as though someone shortsheeted you ) and you can forget about any kind of breakfast (went to McDonalds down the street).

I will never ever stay in a Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
CWTupelo, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tupelo North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Dcmontgo,

We were very disappointed reading your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused. Our authorization policy is posted at the front desk and although we strive to make sure the front desk brings this our guest attention, it seems as if we failed to do so. I'm confident that the authorization you're referring to will release within 5-7 business days as posted at the front desk. We do apologize for the issue you had with your drapes, sheets and bedspread as well. Our front desk is available 24-hours a day and we are glad to correct any issues that you mentioned to make sure you get a good nights rest.

We strive to deliver a flawless experience front beginning to end and unfortunately did not attain our goal during your visit. Should your travels bring you back to Tupelo we hope to welcome you back to not only meet but to exceed your expectations.

P. Holliday

Reviewed 26 November 2017

My experience was awesome from beginning to end. Room was superb, I was met with a smile at check-in by Mr. Chris Brown, and then had a great farewell conversation with Ms. LaToya. You guys ROCK!!! thank you and see you again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family