See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend during her first US trip with me. Since Elvis is such a big slice of Americana, Tupelo had to be one of the places we’d visit. To save money, we decided (well, really it was my idea!) to stay in one of the “motor inns” that can be of hit-or-miss quality. So we happen upon Scottish Inn around 1 am after a long drive from Asheville, NC. It does not look like anything exceptional from the outside, but it turned out to be an decent place for the price. The a/c was cold, the shower was hot (a real highlight), and we parked right outside our room door. The only downside is that the top cover on the bed seemed to be a bit dirty, and the room smelled a bit of smoke. But these were not deal breakers. For the price it is a great value and the area is safe. Elvis would probably have been glad to stay here before he made it big. Keep in mind that my perspective is based partly upon being ok with some of the Spartan room in the remote parts of Ethiopia. :)a

As an aside, if you want to have a real authentic experience, have breakfast at Shockley’s. It is an old school breakfast house that is an excellent alternative to the Waffle House / Denny’s / IHOP places.

Room Tip: Get a room in front, if for no other reason than to watch your car. If you get a room in the back, you won't be able to do that.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

It is infested with bed bugs and roaches. The cleaning service is a joke. You would be better off sleeping in your vehicle. My wife's arm was covered with bites after one night sleeping there. This place is ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2012
8  Thank richard70w
Reviewed 21 June 2012

we checked in at like 12 oclock one night and as soon as we laid down my boyfriend flipped the cover over and saw the first bedbug. then we jumped up and looked for more and found about 5 or more bugs. we gathered the bugs in a cup and took them to the front desk for a refund, it was denied, we also asked to be moved to another room and that was also denied. so we called the police to try to file a report but it is not criminal. so he had to gather all of our belongings and sleep in the car. this is the worst experience EVER

• Stayed: May 2012
7  Thank lindsey h
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Although the Scottish Inn is upgrading their rooms to look better; there is one thing they forgot was to add bug spray to their you grade. No one should have to fight roach's all night after paying 40+ for a room.

Room Tip: Send the cash for a real room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Checkd n late and got n bed exhausted. My daughter and son n law were with me. He felt something crawling, lifted top cover and saw a bedbug.we all jumped up and started finding them everywhere. Behind the pillows.collectd n cup and took pic,took to front office and asked for refund,was told no.went again and asked to at least move us to a difft room and was told no again. We ended up having to slleep in car in parking lot. Horrible!

• Stayed: May 2012