Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Tupelo(Tupelo)
Quality Inn(Tupelo)
View Hotel
All reviewsolive gardenwithin walking distancemanager's receptionindoor poolpleasant surpriserecommend this hotelbeautiful hoteleggswould definitely stay here againthe staff was friendly and helpfulshopping and restaurantsexcellent staybed was very comfortableroom was largenatchez trace parkwaythe breakfast areanice breakfast
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Clean hotel with great staff and great location to restaurants within walking and driving distance if desired. Have made this our hotel to stop at on our way to Alabama. Breakfast offered is a good way to start your day.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night while traveling through Tupelo heading home. We had stayed at the #1 rated hotel in town on our way through a few days earlier and decided to give #2 a try. We chose it based on it’s convenient location for dining and based on its reviews here on TripAdvisor.

First, location. It is a short drive off highway 45 and I-22, but so is everything else in Tupelo. Once in town, it is very conveniently located near numerous dining and shopping choices. We arrived tired and hungry at dinner time and opted just to walk to the Chili’s next door. When we left in the morning, we grabbed a quick coffee from the Starbuck’s just a few hundred yards away.

Next, property condition and amenities...The hotel appears to be relatively new and in excellent condition. The lobby is nice and well decorated. We did not use it, but there is a nice indoor pool. The breakfast area is nicely decorated and inviting with an array of seating choices. Our room was in good repair and nicely appointed, with all the typical amenities - refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker with coffee and supplies, closet with spare pillows and blankets, hair dryer, couch, desk, extra chair with side table, lots of pillows, etc. The bed was very comfortable. They offer complimentary manager’s reception in the evening with 2 complimentary drinks - beer and/or wine - along with “snacks.” We did not avail ourselves of this amenity, so I cannot offer further comment. They also offer complimentary breakfast in the morning with the standard self-serve fare. Next to the front desk, they have a small area with snacks and sundries available for purchase. Our brief interactions with the staff were pleasant.

For those with disabilities, there are 2 or 3 accessible parking spots right near the front entrance. I am not sure if there are more at the end, as it was very cold and icy, so we did not explore outside. There is a hydraulic lift for the pool. Our accessible room was on the second floor, at the very end of the hallway, a bit of a walk from the elevator. It’s location was a very convenient for using the washer/dryer or grabbing some ice or a soda. The tub/shower combo is a traditional/standard tub with lots of grab bars and a removable handheld shower head. There was no seating in the shower and I would not consider this bathroom appropriate for someone in a wheelchair or who has difficulty stepping into or safely standing in a tub. The toilet height was good and there was a grab bar on one side. There was plenty of room to move around the bathroom in a wheelchair and one could approach the vanity in a wheelchair, but I think the counter would be too high - though I cannot say for sure, since we did not have a wheelchair. The room was equipped with a hearing impaired doorbell.

Now for where this hotel falls short, in my opinion.

First, the noise. The walls are thin and we could hear people talking in the room next door, as well as the hallway. The room doors all slam (in fact, our would not lock unless it was shut pretty forcefully). Someone was nice enough to put what sounded like a pair of shoes in the conveniently located dryer I mentioned at 6 am and the racket was quite loud in our room.

Second, the room was actually pretty dark despite having several lamps conveniently placed throughout the space. There were no overhead lights and the decor was in darker shades, which made the room dark.

Third, the complimentary wifi signal is weak and spotty, so that we were only able to connect on 2 of 4 of our devices. The network would not even appear for the other 2 devices.

Next, although the room appeared clean upon first impression, as we were packing up to leave and checking to make sure we had not forgotten anything, we found dirty tissues and papers on the floor behind/next to bedside tables.

Finally, the complimentary breakfast was not to the same quality that other hotels offer. The orange juice looked and tasted artificial and watered down. The scrambled eggs were a greenish/yellowish color that kept me from trying them. There was a half rotten apple among the fruit - I mean the apple was half gone, rotted away. This was kind of the last straw for me in my decision.

So, although this is a nice property and represents a pretty good value, I would rather spend an extra $10-20 and stay someplace with a little more attention to detail.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank all4fun415
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Nice hotel with lots of restaurants and shopping close by. They offer complimentary adult beverages and appetizers in the evening to the guest. Overall it was a great stay with great staff. When I travel alone I can always count on the service from Best Western.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2018

The bed at this hotel was FABULOUS! We had been travelling and not sleeping well until we got to this hotel. The bed was the BEST! Even though the hotel is in a busy spot, it was quiet and relaxed. We would definitely stay there again when in Tup[eo.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

The room was great, had a minor issue with one of the beds and they came in and fixed it right away! The pool was warm, comfortable and perfect for an evening of swimming. The lobby was very nice, breakfast was good, would definitely stay again! Also, the price was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family