“Disappointed....”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #58 of 211 Restaurants in Tupelo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had a coupon for the onion appetizer and told the waiter I wanted it if the coupon was good. He said he would check, said it was, even the manager said it was so I ate some of it, and then he came back and said it wasn't because Sunday was a Holiday (Easter)
so I had to PAID for it and don't really care for them that much but was getting it because of the coupon....I also got beef tips and ordered them med-well---they were Well done and hard in places.....so my Easter meal was not at all what I expected....The ROLLS and salad were good.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Got the grilled chicken salad lots of chicken, Bread was awesome as always.
Waiter kept my glass full of water, Nice meal

Reviewed 18 March 2018

You will be greeted and sat with the guarantee that you will like everything you order...
We ordered the 6 oz. sirloin steak 'early meal, from 4-6 PM deal'
The meal begins with a can full of peanuts next to an empty can for the shells.
The rolls are served with cinnamon whipped butter which is non stop if you ask for more. In my opinion, this was the best part of the meal. The butter truly makes the fresh-baked rolls delicious to the point you almost do not want to eat the meal.
My steak was cooked to a medium rareness. I am not a steak eater so if I have a steak without A1 Sauce it was a very good steak indeed. I used A1 on this steak.
My husband's steak was medium rare, he enjoyed it... at first.
It was almost as though we had fallen for the hype on the 'guarantee' of when we were seated. We both started off saying how good the meal was...
By the time my husband had his 4th bite of steak, he was politely taking it out of his mouth and putting it back on the plate. he kept encountering bites that grew in his mouth the more he chewed the meat. I kept adding A1 to my cut.
The vegetables come in little soup cup bowls. The broccoli was fresh, the carrots were those bits of longer carrots/pieces that a producer will 'spin' into the shape of a real carrot and sell as though they were grown that small. They did not taste bad, I simply hoped they washed the white chloride looking preservative off before they cooked them without seasonings (if they did season, it was minimal).
The 'loaded' mashed potatoes reminded me off 'mealy' tasting cafeteria instant potatoes with some pieces of real potatoes, skins, and vegetables mixed in, topped with shredded cheddar. According to the menu, they were very high caloric in value. I did not finish they were not my idea of wasting an intake of high calories.
The lemon water came with plenty of lemons, a real plus.
The place was ridiculously loud.
Overall, the meal was $8.99 apiece, not bad but would we eat there again? Only if the numerous restaurants surrounding our hotel were closed and we were hungry.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great food great steak as always fast service. Any where i go i know i can hit a Texas road house and the food is the same .... Always good. Thanks so much

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I picked Texas Roadhouse as my choice for Valentines Dinner. They have THE best, most tender petite sirloin I’ve ever had! It’s cooked well done/butterflied justvthe way I like it, yet still tender & juicy! My baked sweet potato was scrumptious with butter, brown sugar & cinnamon. The balsamic dressing on my salad was extra tasty. Best of all, the homemade hot rolls & cinnamon butter was the yummiest! Our waitresses were so accommodating & nice, even with a packed restaurant. If you haven’t been there, what are you waiting for??

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!