“Memorable”

Ranked #33 of 418 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

"Old Ironsides" herself, docked for you to see and explore. For me, this was the perfect finish to the freedom trail. Every evening, they fire a cannon to signal the Colors and lower the United States of America Flag to retire it for the evening. Done by the Navy, this was performed with exactness and pride. As a deep rooted patriot and armed forces veteran, this was even a little emotional as I place my hand over my heart and pondered the cost many revolutionaries were so willing to accept in pursuit of their vision of a new independent nation. This boat is the oldest commissioned naval vessel and over 200 years old. Even though this ship was not used until the War of 1812, it still finds a perfect home with the revolutionary events that occurred 50 years before. What a wonderful piece of history!

1  Thank Michael T
Write a ReviewReviews (1 443)
All reviews
"united states"
in 13 reviews

34 - 38 of 1 444 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Worth the time . Thought we would spend 30 min there but instead was there for 3 hours. They have things for all ages. STRONGLY recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent about an hour aboard the ship. I wasn’t excited about it, but my daughter really wanted to go. I am glad we did. There were people all over ready and willing to answer questions. It was such a unique experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I walked around the ship and it was very interesting. I love that you can walk it at your pace and that it wasn’t terribly hot. There were coast guard guys trying to tie up masts and that was cool. Good time!