“Fantastic oysters- worth the wait!”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Be prepared for a wait. No reservations alllowed. You may be asked to go down the street to wait as there is limited room. Hostess allows maybe 4-6 people to wait if you are next. We ate early for a party of two people- 5:45pm and waited about 20 minutes. The appetizers- pan seared squid, yellow fish, and poke were tasty. Would order all of them again. Had a sample of oysters and I am still and east coast oyster fan.

Low key- casual dining.
Loud and compact dining room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 726)

20 - 24 of 1 726 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

While getting ready to visit Boston for the first time, I read about this place. We waited an hour and a half to be squeezed into this little overhyped bar. The place is so small that some people couldn't move through the little space between the "table" chairs and the bar chairs. We had the clam chowder which looked like chicken soup (I've never seen such watery clam chowder). Taste wasn't worth the price. I had the lobster roll. That was great, but not worth the hassle. And they didn't even had Sam Adams. We had a better meal somewhere else the next day.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We got lucky -- arrived at about 3 on a hot hot weekend afternoon and found two seats at the bar right away. Lovely wait staff, nice cold beers, and delicious oysters. The menu offers a nice selection of oysters with detailed notes about each one, making for a more informed selection process. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I had the cold lobster roll and my husband had the hot lobster roll. The hot one was better. It was not the best lobster roll I've ever had, but not bad. The wait was long even with reservations. I was disappointed after all the good things I had heard about Neptune Oyster.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Small size place with people queuing outside even at 3pm, not really intimate as you could share sofa ora table with others but you must try this! Cocktails must be good also but I didn’t try. There are daily specialities: better come here in Sunday for the lobster tacos. I choose Spanish octopus 13$ for one small tentacle but was very good. With 1 oyster to taste (3,5$) and a beer I spent 36$, not cheap.

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!