“Busy and loud but good Italian food”
Review of Antico Forno

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Cross St.
Description: Restaurants Around the World: 9. Antico Forno Boston, MA Antico Forno is billed as “The Most Authentic Italian Restaurant,” and we’re hard pressed to argue. This mainstay in Boston’s North End manages a cozy mom-and-pop atmosphere with world-class traditional cuisine. Entrees like Saltimbocca di Pollo and Linguine al Frutti di Mare hearken back to the old country, but Antico Forno is best known for its brick-oven pizzas piled high with house-made Italian sausages and mozzarella. 10BEST Says (#8 Boston Family Friendly) Best Value: Traditional Italian baked in a brick oven sets this Italian restaurant apart. Serving a selection of pastas, entrees and pizzas all cooked to perfection in their famous brick oven at reasonable prices, Antico Forno is a good value. Kid friendly (although lacking a children’s menu), Antico Forno serves even the littlest one sin style. Serving some of the best pies around, Antico Forno carries a large selection of toppings as well.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here. Initially told there would be a 30min wait for a table for two, we went to try and find our 2nd choice (45 min wait) and then 15 mins later returned and had a choice of two tables. Kind of. The first table offered we rejected as it was more or less part of the waiter service area so we were ‘lucky enough’ to get another table! So not a great start.

The good news is it got better. Friendly service and good food. Lobster ravioli stands out in my mind.

Yes, it’s busy, loud and ever so slightly chaotic but that kind of adds to the atmosphere as you could say that of many places in Italy!

Carla G, Owner at Antico Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review Antico Forno and letting us know if your experience. My staff and I appreciate it very much. Happy to hear you enjoyed the lobster ravioli. Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Small 1 topping pizzas were $18. They had very little cheese or toppings. The crust is very soft, moist and limp which makes it difficult to eat. The outer edge is thicker and has the good wood fired char flavor. We tried the Margherita, Sausage and Quattro Formaggi. They were all fine, but nothing special. The service was very good.

Carla G, Owner at Antico Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Barry, Thank you for taking the time to review Antico Forno. My staff and I appreciate it very much. The style pizza at Antico Forno is 12 inch Neapolitan pizza. Our margherita is 14.00 and Quattro Formaggi is 15.00 with the added sausage is 18.00. I appreciate your feedback.
Hope to have you back again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stop at this restaurant every time we visit Boston . Food is great, and service exceptional. Must try the rice balls, and pizza. Both excellent

Carla G, Owner at Antico Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of Antico Forno! My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. Happy to hear you enjoy the food and service and and have recommended toe rice balls and pizza. Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great pizza and salad at Antico Forno. The service it great en quick. It's a little bit noisy....but with just the two of us we had a good conversation.

Carla G, Owner at Antico Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of Antico Forno! My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. Happy to hear you enjoyed the pizza and hope to have you back again ssoon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've heard that the more packed and crowded the restaurant the more authentic the food. I'm not Italian connoisseur, but the food was fantastic. Calamari linguine was the closest thing to perfect. The portions are generous for the price.

Overall fantastic food and drinks. The restaurant is loud and there was a wait. Definitely would recommend.

Carla G, Owner at Antico Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Steve for your 5 star review of Antico Forno. My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. Happy to hear you enjoyed the calamari linguine. Hope to have you back again soon. Sincerely, Carla Gomes