“BEST beef anywhere.”
Review of Abe & Louie's

Abe & Louie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Abe & Louie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 3 556 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Two blocks from the Copley "T" stop.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a scrumptious dinner at Abe and Louie's Saturday night. We enjoyed a Mediterranean salad, the prime rib special..at LEAST 3 inches thick, and a bone in New York Strip. Side orders are a la carte and easily serve at least 3 people. Entree and sides are huge, BUT, we saved room for the most decadent and delicious dessert anywhere. It is a 7 layer chocolate cake, with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream. Our server, Marcos from Brazil, was outstanding. Thank you, Marcos! We were able to enjoy our meal on the patio, and while a bit chilly, the heaters were more that adequate to make it comfortable with great energy from the bustle of people in their way to Fenway. Great great evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 707)

52 - 56 of 1 707 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This place has character, but honestly Sunday Breakfast (Brunch) was pretty average. The order was initially wrong, the Eggs Benedict was not quite warm, and the home fries lacked flavour.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place.
Waiter was so friendly
Food was delicious and worth every penny.
Really classy steak joint that was totally outstanding.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Took a business trip to Boston and we ate here it was spectacular and everything was great with all my party.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

After 2 weeks of failing miserably at choosing a restaurant for my family during our most recent working vacay, we finally hit the jackpot! Praise! We have spent the last 2 weeks trying desperately to find a delicious “go-to” restaurant, diner, pizzeria, taqueria or burger joint. It was becoming so very disheartening. Despite spending hundreds of dollars at numerous highly rated restaurants, we continued to be disappointed in the lackluster selections or the nonexistent flavors. I knew the key to getting a good meal would be to venture out where the locals dine, but I had a hard time discerning where that might be. I happened upon Abe & Louie’s when searching for a steak house on Yelp. The menu appeared to have a decent selection of choices, so we made a reservation, all the while keeping the expectations low.

We walked in and were seated immediately. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Each member ensures that you are never without anything you need, including water, bread, or beverages. Fresh ground pepper is offered with each course, and the plates for each course are promptly cleared away.

We deciding on trying the tuna tartare as an appetizer. It was flavorful and tender. For dinner, I chose the blue cheese wedge salad with no red onions, which they were happy to accommodate. My husband ordered the filet mignon at a medium temperature. As a side, we wanted to taste both the blue cheese mashed potatoes and the garlic mashed potatoes, so we asked if we could get “half and half.” The waiter graciously obliged. Hands down: this was the best filet we’ve ever eaten! In fact, this was the best meal we have had since we arrived in Boston approximately 2 weeks ago. Oh my gosh!! As I sit and reminisce over the delightful meal at Abe & Louie’s, it has occurred to me that this was the best meal that I’ve had at ANY restaurant in months!!! I cannot remember when I’ve had anything even remotely comparable within recent months. The price was only $116 plus tip for dinner, which we were ecstatic to plop out the plastic for that meal, given that most meals (including lunches) in the area were approaching or exceeding $200 for 2 people!

I’ve made an executive decision: we will be eating lunch and probably dinner at Abe & Louie’s on Thursday as well. (Maybe Friday too! Shhhh....don’t tell my husband!)