All reviews sea chalet marina staff full bath by water taxi breakfast vouchers warren tavern coffee maker the north end bed and breakfast boat owners freedom trail bunker hill monument hotel room ferries depart unique place to stay small issue old ironsides
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had reservations on a boat that had a small issue but the folks moved us to a nicer boat for no extra cost. Loved “In The Moment” and highly recommend staying at the marina whether you boat in or rent for a few nights. Amenities were great but the staff is what makes this place so nice. Kudos to you’ll!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

This is a great location, near the centre of Boston but with amazing views over the marina and harbour and a feeling of space and tranquillity. Water taxis will pick you up from the marina and nearby ferries depart regularly for the downtown area. It is also walkable to the centre, along the adjacent Freedom Trail. We loved the atmosphere and friendliness of the marina, and the ability to sit on our deck and enjoy drinks as the sun went down. This is an unusual place to stay and great value at Boston prices.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed 12 October 2017

What a great way to spend a weekend in the city. We stayed on New Beginning. It was comfortable and private in a great location. It felt that we were away but were so close to everything in the city too. I highly recommend Constitution B&B

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jessmaher916
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I rented a boat for my wife and I thinking that this would be something nice and fun to do in Boston for our last night on a long trip up the coast. Boy was I terribly wrong. This was a terrible cap to an otherwise amazing trip up the coast. The boat we stayed on was called the Gray Lady, and it smelled like a dilapidated gray lady who had no defecation control.

First off the holding tank for the boat was so full that raw sewage was rising up from the tank into the toilet. We noticed a few moments into our stay that to toilet had feces in the bowl and thought it was just poor house keeping. We flushed the toilet exactly how the manager suggested, but because the holding tanks in the boat were so full anytime you flushed the toilet it would spray raw human waste on the dock. It was the most disgusting thing ever. It took us a few flushes to realize what was going on and why the toilet kept filling up even though we were never using the facilities. The sick thing was that we walked right through that sewage while boarding the boat not knowing we just walked through waste.

When I called that evening to the managers office to let them know what was going on, they were all gone. Seems like if you ever have a problem after 5pm you are out of luck. This was the worst place I have ever stayed, but hey, if you love the smell of months worth of human fecal matter and urine or enjoy the fragrance of an outhouse, this is your place!

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Marina-Innkeeper, Manager at Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your concerns about your stay. I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience. It sounds awful!

When you checked out the following morning at 11am, I was surprised to hear about the issue. I wish that you had called “a few moments into your stay” when you first noticed the issue because we do have a pump-out boat at our Marina and I would have cleaned the boat as soon as I had known. There was a mistake in that the holding tank was not properly pumped out prior to your stay. This has not happened before and we have taken steps to ensure that it does not ever happen again. I am surprised that you could not reach anyone when you called later in the evening because there is always staff available. There is even staff, myself included, that live at the marina and are able to address urgent issues for our boaters and guests any time of day or night.

We pride ourselves on our beautiful location and friendly services, however on this day the conditions on the vessel were not acceptable to our standards. After I learned of your unpleasant stay, of course I agreed and refunded the charges for the night. In hopes that you will give us another try we also offered a certificate for a free night stay on any of our B&B vessels so that we can provide you with a much better experience that is both fun and relaxing. Again, I apologize and hope you will take advantage of our offer and will come stay with us again.
Brian Aufiero, Assistant Dock Master

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband and I decided to try a different vacation, choosing a houseboat (Port) in a marina instead of a stuffy hotel. So glad we did! B&B Afloat was easy to book, easy on the budget and easy to love! We had all the necessary amenities, not lush but all we needed, along with a spectacular view of the neighbouring boats and the Boston Sky Line and Harbour. One should be aware that there is some air traffic noise and the cannon was kind of a surprise the first day. The location of Port, though quite a little walk down the dock, was perfect, adjacent to the Harborwalk and the Freedom Trail. It was no problem accessing various forms of transportation, be it Water Taxi, cab, subway etc. We enjoyed walking throughout our area, where restaurants and tourist destinations abounded. The Staff was friendly and accommodating. Jeanica waited for us to arrive after hours because the fog delayed our taxi ride. We would not hesitate to return to this B & B and would definitely recommend this particular houseboat experience. Thank you USS Constitution Marina B & B Afloat!

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxury, book an upscale, boring hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple