2 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (3 311)
3 311 results
2 139
2 139
All reviews wine hour freedom trail wine reception beantown pub skyline view boston commons complimentary wine mini bar state house tremont street beacon hill the north end chocolate covered strawberries perfect location corner room faneuil hall continental breakfast
Selected filters
5 - 10 of 3 311 reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2021

From the valet to the front desk, everyone was as pleasant as can be. The representatives at the front desk who checked us in AND checked in on us throughout our stay (via text) were so kind and helpful. Due to the pandemic they understandably don’t have an operating restaurant or bar but they offered a wine “happy hour” where you could grab a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby to enjoy in your room, and coffee in the mornings. The room was clean and enjoyable, great functioning and adjustable AC, TV, phone/in-room tablet, etc.
Thank you to the awesome staff for making our last minute stay such an enjoyable one - we didn’t want to leave!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Hard to top that, thank you so much for the amazing feedback! I appreciate the kind words and for you choosing to stay with us!

Joe Capalbo, Regional Director of Operations, joe.capalbo@kimptonhotels.com

Reviewed 6 January 2021

My stay was subpar. I booked a Hub Suite, which every website said would accommodate 4, and I specifically indicated that we would be 4 during the booking process. We arrived past 1am on our first day but actually started getting ready for bed at around 3:30am. At that time, we discovered that the room was only equipped with 1 king bed; there was no sofa bed. We had to call the front desk and request 2 rollaway beds, and it took about 45 minutes for both beds to be delivered. We ended up going to sleep past 4:30am. We later found out that the none of the Hub Suites have a sofa bed! That being the case, it should not be advertised that those rooms accommodate 4 guests because they do not, but at the very least, the 2 rollaway beds should have already been in the room prepared for us. The following morning, we spoke to a lady manager or assistant manager (don’t remember her name) who said she could only credit $100 for our troubles. She said that the rollaway beds weren’t already in the room because “sometimes, people indicate that it’s more than 2 people by mistake”. I told her she should not have made that assumption because in our case, we were actually 4! I feel like the credit should have been more since we did not get what we had booked; a room that comfortably accommodates 4. We booked a Hub Suite because it provided a nice living room space, where we planned to celebrate New Year’s Eve. But now, we had 2 rollaway beds in the middle of that space, so it was as if we had booked a regular room.

The rollaway beds were TERRIBLE. We had to have them replaced toward the end of our stay. My kids were literally sleeping on springs with a thin covering on top. They made so much noise and were so uncomfortable that you would think the beds were first bought in 1960 and never replaced. Not fair, especially since we stayed for 6 nights!

The lady manager that gave us the $100 credit had also offered to cover the valet parking expense. We did not have a car upon arrival but ended up renting one for a day. Upon checkout, we saw that 2 nights of valet parking (at $55 a night) had been charged to our room. When we informed the front desk attendant that the lady manager had offered to cover the valet cost, he said he didn’t see any notes about it. Instead of inquiring further and trying to help us, he kept interrupting me and wouldn’t let me finish my sentences. He was very rude. I had to stop him in his tracks and tell him to not interrupt me anymore. That’s when he finally called Joseph Farrenkopf (the manager on-site) over. Joseph was very kind and understanding, and was able to take care of the valet fees for us. I actually recall seeing Joseph throughout our stay and he was very nice and attentive. He would even serve wine during happy hour.

To sum it up, my stay was subpar because I did not get what I paid for, and with the exception of Joseph, the cleaning staff and the valet staff, the rest of the staff I interacted with was either not very knowledgeable about the hotel or was not nice, welcoming, or understanding.

P.S. We just arrived back home and as we were walking to get our luggage, my six year old tells me: “I’m glad we are back home”. Mind you, he’s never said that after a trip. He always wants to prolong the vacation. I asked him “why papi?”. He said “I didn’t want to sleep in the uncomfortable bed (the rollaway) anymore. :’(

Date of stay: December 2020
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

I'm so sorry that you experienced this during your stay. It's definitely not what we want and something that I will address with the team. Thanks for the feedback on the rollaways, we hadn't heard that before. I'll do an audit and see which ones need replacing, but I really appreciate you calling it out.

Thanks again and I'm so sorry for your experience.

Thanks,

Joe Capalbo, Regional Director of Operations, joe.capalbo@kimptonhotels.com

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

The room looks amazing and the bathroom is also great. However, there was mysterious knocking on our door and nobody was interested in hearing it at the front desk. Their whole front desk staff seems completely uninterested in ensuring a great stay, which is problematic. To make this all worse, the whole elevator and 7th floor reeked of marijuana and completely ruined our stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

I'm so sorry that other guests caused a challenging experience for you and that you felt the team was uninterested. That is not our intention by any means and I will address with the team here. Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention.

Regards,

Joe Capalbo, joe.capalbo@kimptonhotels.com, Area Director of Operations

Reviewed 30 December 2020

As local residents with the inability to travel for nearly a year and the demanding needs of remote work, we decided to take our work with us and booked the HUB Suite that provides a separate space for us to focus. After extensive research, we decided to go with Kimpton NineZero Boston since they offer a strict protocol on safety measures for their guests and staff — they proved it to us and deserve an above par rating! They even have a table (lobby area) designated for third-party food deliveries. From the front desk staff (Liz, Leon and Joseph) to the maintenance team (Addy and Ming) and valet crew, all have been very accommodating and committed to answer and serve our particular needs. For all coffee/tea and bath robe lovers, it’s completely provided to you all by a simple text message! Unfortunately, room service and microwaves were not available during our stay so we tried to plan when to order food to bring back to the suite (Beantown Bar offered a tasty bfast/lunch/dinner menu next door!). Very good soundproof/Minimal noise from busy street below for being so close (Floor 4) to the Boston Common/Old North Church. Everything has been personalized to help us feel rejuvenated during our stay. Thank you Nine Zero of Boston for your dedication and hard work! All does not go unnoticed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you SO much for this amazing feedback, it definitely made me smile! I will make sure that Liz, Leon, Joseph, Addy, Ming & the valet crew are all recognized for their efforts. Thanks so much for the kind words and hope to see you soon!

Joe Capalbo, Area Director of Operations, joe.capalbo@kimptonhotels.com

Reviewed 28 December 2020

My favorite is Addy from Housekeeping. I cannot express hi outstanding service! Staff is excellent- prompt response for everything you need, clean, comfortable and great location. They are pet friendly.overall excellent experience. So greatful and restful. View of Cristmas Trees and lights on the Boston Common especially at night and Staff slipped a Christmas Card under my door.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback and yes Addy is an awesome member of the team, I couldn't agree more!

Happy Holidays,