“Amazing meal for carnivores ”
Review of Oak + Rowan

Oak + Rowan
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak + Rowan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #758 of 3 588 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We loved the ambience of this restaurant. The waitstaff is fantastic , friendly and professional. Their knowledge of the cuisine really helped our meal selections.
The duck was the best I’ve had in this country.
There is a caviar appetizer that is not only delicious but it is stunning and a good bargain for 30$.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Highly recommend this local restaurant led by an extremely creative chef and excellent front of house staff. The menu is extensive enough to please just about all tastes. I had the pork chowder soup to start and the duck as a main. The lamb ordered by our companion looked and tasted wonderful. The prices are reasonable for this quality, there was a decent wine list with many available by the glass and the service team was attentive but not overly intrusive.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I visited here with my sister for a Sunday brunch. The interior is bright and clean. We were seated right away in a comfortable booth. Service was very good, but if you're in a hurry, you may want to mention it when you're first seated. They do not rush you, which is what we wanted, but if you need to get in and out quickly, this could have been an annoyance.

There is a pastry cart from which you can choose all sorts of sweet or savory goodies. We opted to pass on the pastry cart and got Bloody Marys instead. The drinks had an oddly sweet taste and at $12 a pop, are a bit pricey.

Onto the main dish. We split Duck Confit dish and a Dutch Baby (baked pancake with sausage, apple and bourbon maple syrup). Both were delicious. We finished with French press coffee ($4.50 per cup) was meh.

Nice relaxing atmosphere but it did get loud at times because of the brick interior. I liked that we could linger and the food was very good. I would definitely go again and try some other menu items.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Oak + Rowan is a place where they hope you will spend the evening with them. The service is outstanding and knowledgeable, and will discuss the options with you or make suggestions. Our waiter even took some basic information based on the first round of cocktails, and came up with his own concoctions for the second round. Meanwhile, as a beer fellow, I found two of the beers outstanding (one, a vanilla porter, and another a very nice saison).

Just as the cocktails are varied and innovative, the food is also put together with care and thought. Note that this is a place that will combine things in unusual ways to find the interesting contrast in flavor or texture - this why I think of it as a foodie establishment. It probably won't appeal to meat and potatoes or typical seafood people.

I had a wonderful duck dish, with a couple appetizers and a very nice clam (and pork belly) chowder, where instead of being finely shredded bacon, there was a sizable piece of pork belly meat on the bottom.

If any of this style sounds good to you, then I give this place the highest recommendation.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Dropped in for a quick lunch last week and really enjoyed the food. I had the mushroom and Brussels sprout salad -- absolutely loved it; my companion had the fried chicken sandwich and he loved his too.

Very good and will definitely return.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Oak + Rowan? Share your experiences!