“Big selection of used books”

Brattle Book Shop of Boston
Ranked #6 of 158 Shopping in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: The country's oldest antiquarian bookstore, the Brattle has over 200,000 used and out-of-print books, magazines and more.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Three floors of used books: history, literature, science, sports. Prices are good, too. I picked up the first two volumes of Gibbon’s Decline and Fall for less than it would have cost buying them online.

All reviews
"author"
"collection"
"ship"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Friendly owner and staff. GREAT selection. I could have stayed hours. They do ship, so if you are visiting the angst of taking away is not an issue. All price ranges and all conditions of books from slightly worn to perfect. This bookshop is a gem. I will go back and I am only here for 4 days.

1  Thank BSWTRAVELS10
Reviewed 23 December 2017

This place is a really fun find. As a booklover I make it a point to stop at as many bookstores as I can on my vacations and this place did not disappoint. They are a great place to find older rarer books so don't come here if you're looking for the newest releases.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

During the taxi ride to our hotel, the outside bookshelves are what caught my eye. Our hotel concierge knew immediately what we had seen and gave us directions. What a find. We love to browse in used and antique bookstores. I have a list of topics and authors that I'm interested in, and I'm rarely disappointed - Brattle's was no exception. I could have spent HOURS here, but my purchases were limited due to space in our luggage. UGH! I found books on French history and culture in the specific centuries I was looking for, so I was very pleased. Will always visit this location on future Boston trips!

1  Thank Lalo765
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We were visiting the city and were on our way to a book fair. We stumbled upon this jewel by mistake. Oh how delightful! There were bookcases outside with discounted books (used and new) for $1, $3, and $5. Inside, there were three floors of books of various genres of different prices. The clerks were very nice. This place is a book lover's dream.