Ways to Experience Freedom Trail
10 986
4 086
10 986
4 086
All reviews bunker hill own pace uss constitution follow the red line red brick guided tour great walk paul revere house american history guide book historical sites walking shoes old north church self guided boston commons faneuil hall wear comfortable shoes
980 - 985 of 15 844 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

One of the highlights of our trip to Boston. Be sure to have ID with you or you won't be able to get on the USS Constitution. I left purse in hotel so I didn't have to trek it along and couldn't get through TSA line.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank mrshq1
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

While I am glad history is being preserved in Boston, I have to say they do it much more to my liking in Philadelphia. In Boston, historical venues are surrounded and dwarfed by large city buildings and the noise of a busy city -- it takes a LOT of imagination to picture it as it might have been in the 1770s. In Philadelphia, the entire area has been set aside and preserved, leaving it with a lot of original green space and keeping new city buildings separate from it. But, I digress. Kudos to Boston for keeping some history intact. We took the Revolutionary Story Tour with Mike, and it helped bring it to life.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Did ourselves without a guide which suited us as we could do at own pace

Red line disappeared in places though and in some cases split so it wasn’t clear which way to go. Recommend taking a map of route

1  Thank CakeMum
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My family and I enjoyed the Freedom Trail and thought that it was very interesting. This was the first item on our agenda for our vacation to Boston. Not only was it informative, but it was great in orienting us to the city and we were able to use the landmarks to help us navigate around by foot. Our tour guide was very good at making sure that everyone had caught up before he began his next narrative. The tour itself is around an hour and takes you to most of the main historical attractions. It starts at Boston Common and ends at Faneuil Hall. We would not recommend it for smaller children or elderly folks who may have trouble keeping up as it does move at a pretty fast pace. Tips are appreciated at the end.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

How can you visit Boston and not explore the Freedom Trail? We visited many of the sites, including Paul Revere house, The North Church, and Bunker Hill. There are small fees for the first two, but you can climb the tower at Bunker Hill for free after obtaining a free ticket in the museum shop across the street. We plan to visit the USS Constitution as well, just got tired from all the walking!