Reviews (7 536)
4 915
1 385
4 915
1 385
All reviewssunset terracevanderbilt wingresort feesports complexthe blue ridge dining roomgingerbread houseclub floorspa experiencepiano barhistoric hotelrocking chairsday passmain lobbymountain viewbreakfast buffetgpiedison
246 - 251 of 7 536 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The hotel is an impressive behemoth of a stone lodge nestled in beautiful Asheville, NC. Depending on which way your GPS takes you to the hotel, the entrance is difficult to find (the back way does not have clear signs for the hotel entrance). There are limited options for lunch and limited availability of the spa. It would be nice to let the guests know to make reservations ahead of time when booking the hotel. I was there on a business trip so I did not have 1.5 hours to wait for a table to open up for lunch. I could not access the spa at all because it was completely booked the entire four days I was there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This resort is so beautiful. The staff is so nice. Even the other guests were really nice striking up conversations with us in the halls and stuff. I don’t know if it was just a southern thing but it made me think I need to be nicer to people when went home. We went into Asheville and had lunch, dinner and shopping. It’s a great town. Very artsy lots of blown glass and pottery. You can even take a glassblowing lesson. The a couple of the men who ran the elevator gave us some great suggestions for a couple things to do while we were there they where great and really knew there stuff we followed their suggestions and had a great time.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Gorgeous hotel with tons of history and breathtaking views. The grounds are beautiful and the food at the Sunset Terrace is delicious. They have these cool, old-fashioned elevators that require an operator, who is always so pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Beginning with our arrival the red carpet was rolled out. The food was very good, the room was clean, the shower was awesome, the cocktail hour was wonderful and the Spa was Awesome. We sent to the Spa prior to noon on Monday.... stayed several hours, had lunch at the outside spa, which was Great, enjoyed the spa until late afternoon, showed, had a wonderful dinner, enjoyed a couple cocktails, and went back to the Spa... stayed until the gentleman said, it's 10 minutes to nine and then we returned the next morning... to spend another relaxing, fun, wonderful early afternoon. Our exit from Omni was just as nice as the entry other than it was time to go back to reality!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed in the winter when the rates are the lowest so we booked an original room. I had stayed in the newer wing rooms many years ago and its just like any hotel room. BUT, the original rooms are something to explore. I won't give to much away, but you get to ride on two of the little original elevators to your room. In our room there was an original photo of the EXACT room with the furnishing shown and sure enough, the desk, chest of drawers etc are dated and in the photo! The windows and bathroom, neat like I said. Room was large. The gingerbread display was going on as well and is amazing to see. The huge fireplaces, architecture, and history all make this place amazing.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple