“A happy accident!”

BattleCat Coffee Bar
Ranked #21 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Asheville
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My boyfriend and I walked by BattleCat after being put on a long waiting list elsewhere. We popped in my coffee but ended up removing ourselves from the list at the other place in exchange for this eclectic and cozy atmosphere. We had an iced chai and an iced mocha, and some bangin' bagels! He had blueberry with plain cream cheese and I had sundried tomato bagel with pimento cheese *drool*. Definitely homemade pimento cheese. It was amazing. The artwork is so unique and cool, and all for sale.This was such an interesting little place to find!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

This hip coffee spot was recommended to us from local friends and we were glad we went to this side for some espresso. Great lattes and the baked goods were solid as well. Friendly staff with a good "regulars" crowd that added to a good vibe/ambience.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The coffee was slightly above average but my Italian soda was literally 75% ice/water. All the rules and signs they have posted everywhere make you feel like you're in a government office. Outdoor seating is pretty sparse and torn up. Staff is slightly rude, not helpful at all and not very talkative. All in all a great location in WAVL with alright coffee, but not worth it. Would not return

1  Thank 666mitchellw
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This place seems to be shooting for a hipster vibe but it comes across more along the lines of punk rock/alternative. In my opinion the "artwork" and graffiti in the bathrooms is just disturbing. This is why I gave it a 3 and not a 4. To be clear, I have nothing bad to say about the people or the service.

I think the coffee, particularly the cold brew, is very good. The dairy free pumpkin muffin was delicious too.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Overrated hipster coffee joint with way more attitude than it deserves. Obnoxiously rude staff; Lousy undertakes pastries that would earn a "C+" in Home Ec. Their coffee comes from Penny Cup, so you might as well go there instead. Underwhelming.