“Very Good”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Serving traditional Louisiana and Southern cuisine in the heart of downtown Asheville for 15 years and running. Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner 5 days a week. Enjoy a made-from-scratch meal in our eclectic, lively dining room, our patio overlooking Pritchard Park, or our seasonal courtyard, one of Asheville's best kept secrets. We also offer beer, wine, and cocktails. And feel free to bring the pooch along!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Mayfel's is a nice place for brunch. The service is friendly and the menu has a good selection to choose from. I went with the Southern Benedict which had the fried green tomato and ham on a biscuit. The portion was large so I didn't have room for my side of mac n cheese. I'd return here to try some other items on the menu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a big breakfast of French Toast and my wife had delicious eggs benedict. The place was very busy so the wait staff was stretched thin. Regardless the food was very good in a very casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the crab cakes and cornbread the 1st visit. Very good. Went back and had gumbo and cornbread. Very good.

Eli G, Manager at Mayfel's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks Kate. Come back anytime!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Chose Mayfels after Tupelo Honey next door had a long wait with nowhere for a handicapped customer to sit during the wait. Glad we walked next door instead. Good variety, huge portions, moderately priced, and tasty. I got the crab burger and, being from Maryland, it was not the best I’d ever had but my friend said her entree was very good and other diners seemed very satisfied. Was only a short walk from downtown hotels. Would return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came into town with 4 couples. On a Saturday at 11:30 chances of getting seated as a group are pretty slim. Tupelo has 90-120 min wait. Even if we split up into 2 groups.
We had a 30 min wait at Mayfels. It was amazing.
Bloody Mary Bar
Blackened Lobster Benedict
Shrimp Po Boys
Muffuletta
All amazing.
Service was quick and constant attention was given to our group.
I challenge you to find a better place to eat. Of course there are plenty of go-to spots in Asheville, make this yours.

Eli G, Manager at Mayfel's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review! Look forward to seeing you next time you're in our neck of the woods!